Bartholins cyst still bothering me after 3 years

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had a Bartholin's cyst 3 years ago for the first time, i had a marsupialization to remove it, it came back last year, which the doc gave me anti biotics for and cleared it up, but this year when it came back i got anti biotics again, it cleared up after a week but ever since then it keeps filling up and draining itself, every few weeks 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I feel like I'm in a similar situation.  My first one popped up back in June. My doc gave me two rounds of antibiotics which did nothing to shrink it. I did sitz baths daily and it finally went away, only to come back after I resumed my normal sexual activity. It wasn't as big the second time around. I did the sitz baths and it went away again, this time for good, or so I thought. Once again I resumed sexual activity only to have it pop up for the third time. It's even smaller this time but there nonetheless. Mine was never big enough for a marsupialization, and I'm not sure I would want one judging by your story. Is this just part of our lives now? Mine never hurt but it's still annoying and yucky and puts me in a bad place mentally. It's so frustrating. 

• Posted

Finally someone who knows what this has been like, I'm sorry you're going through this aswell, and I hope you never have to get a marsupialization, the pain of that cyst was terrible, I could not sit, stand, walk without being in so much pain, so I had to get the operation to remove it it was so big and painful.  but it is exact same for me, every time I think it's cleared and gone, it's a few weeks later and it's back, it popped last week, and it is getting me down aswell. I asked last time I was at the hospital few months back when it popped at work, if I could just have the gland removed, they said they wouldn't do it.. but it's what I would want, rather than to go through this every few weeks.

• Posted

I'm so sorry to hear you're in pain. Fortunately for me I only experienced pain the first time it popped up and it was mild. Now when it comes back it's painless. Maybe it's because mine is so deep beneath the skin. I never have any visible lump on/near my labia. I do however have pudental neuralgia because of it. I wonder if that attributes to any of your pain? Your pudental nerve is near the gland and radiates through your vagina and butt. Mine has been irritated due to the swelling of the glands. I get shooting pains and it's hard to sit on on side. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.