Barthonlin cyst lasting awhile

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi i have a bartholins cyst on the inside of my vagina, its small and hard and slightly green in colour. it kinda burns/tingles every now and then and the gland swells the odd time but i was told to leave it alone and that it will go itself. has anyone had one that lasted this long? i was told they can last awhile but is there anything i can do to help it go away

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I have had 3 so far that became extremely swollen and painful and after trying everything that i read, there are a few things that have helped. First, drink a ton of water! The cyst usually comes up because of an increase in toxins and/or physical obstruction of the gland. If it starts to swell and become painful, use warm compresses to try to open up the gland. These can become extremely painful, but if you treat it correctly you may avoid that. For drawing out the cyst Ive found that Prid drawing salve works wonders! It is a small balm in a orange container that you can find at most pharmacies. Some other successful treatments have included epson salt baths and turmeric mixed with coconut oil and tea tree oil.

• Posted

Hi Alicia - do you apply the prid with a plaster? Do you apply it to make it burst? Or to draw it out after it's burst? I've not had any joy with PRID so far .

• Posted

I usually apply the turmeric with coconut to help it burst, but to draw, and after it bursts, I use a large portion of PRID on a gauze pad pressed on the cyst.

• Posted

Try: turmeric and coconut for one hour and then apply soda/salt/water solution for 20 minutes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.