bartolyn gland removal

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I had my Bartholin gland removed almost 3 weeks ago, not much pain or bleeding, maybe week after surgery. but now I have some smell coming from my vagina and I wonder if it some infection because I still have stitches there.... I went to work after 2 weeks and after 2 days felt very uncomfortable. Did anyone experiences some vaginosis after surgery? And how long it takes usually to be able to have sex? THX

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello I had my surgery about three months ago. I waited around eight weeks before sex. It was a little uncomfortable but it's better now. About the smell I definitely would go get checked out for infection. That shouldn't occur. Hope this helps...

• Posted

Yes...due to sitz bathing. I just used the cream and a one time treatment for yeast infection. I waited like 3 months as well before sex. My male doctor reassured me it would be fine after 6 weeks....haha!!! Tried. It was not. Get some lube. It'll help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.