Bartonellosis and/or Cat scratch disease?

Posted , 1 user is following.

How is Bartonellosis different from cat scratch disease?

Well i thought that i had bartonellosis(cat bit me, wound was hot, swollen, papulas, resolved spontaneously)

But, when i started to read about CSD and Bartonellosis on wiki, i just cant tell difference.

I know CSD is in ICD-10, what makes CSD CSD and not Bartonellosis? Where is the difference? 

Or is Bartonellosis umbrella term for ""Bartonella species cause diseases such as Carrión´s disease, trench fever, cat-scratch disease, bacillary angiomatosis, peliosis hepatis, chronic bacteremia, endocarditis, chronic lymphadenopathy, and neurological disorders.""

I do know im hung up on diagnosis but you know, curiosity. And one hidden motive for question.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.