Basel cell carcinoma

Posted , 6 users are following.

Has anyone had lichen planus change into Basel cell carcinoma ?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

i dont know if it is related to my lichen yet, but i was actually just diagnosed today with BC carcinoma... would love to hear more feedback and response to this question.

• Posted

I do t have a formal diagnosis yet it's just the consultant opinion but it is an old lp site.

I've had l.p. for 17 years. It's erosive inside my mouth.

• Posted

Hi Carol

Sorry to hear your latest diagnosis. I was diagnosed with L Planus 10 years ago and have had 6 mthly checks at the hospital ever since. I presume that is to moniter any nasty developments. Deb

• Posted

ive had erosive LP FOR 20+ yrs and in recent years two incidences of squamous cell carcinoma, both luckily caught early through regular monitoring. my consultant refuses to confirm its caused by LP but ive never smoked, drink sensibly & now not at all! if youve any questions about treatments/restoration, just ask! my advise is to keep checking and seek a biopsy if in any doubt.

• Posted

I also have not drank for 23 years or smoked. I had Hogkins linfoma 23 years ago and stopped drinking then. But last may the l.p. on my lip started to change and my surgeon removed it with a lip shave.

Thank you for your reply and advice to have a biopsy if worried. The erosion inside my mouth is a worry. So I think I'll contact him and ask him to have a look.

It gives me peice of mind to hear you had the carcinoma removed successfully. I'm pleased for you .

• Posted

Hi Robert

What treatment did they use to remove it . ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.