Basic state pension.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi.......I have my basic state pension and pension guarantee totalling £163. a week.

However New claimants get £163.00. in one payment per week.

Will my pension always be paid in 2 parts as opposed  to new claimants who get it in one payment.

I hope i have explained it ok so you understand. Iol

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

How much state pension a person gets all depends on their National Insurance records and how much was paid in. Pension credit just tops it up if your pension/income is low. Not everyone will be entitled to the guaranteed pension credit.

You seem very confused about this pension and guaranteed pension credit Krys and i can understand why because it's very confusing. I did advice you last week to ring CAB or even ageuk who can do a full benefit check on you to make sure you're claiming everything you're entitled to. Failing that you can also put all your details into benefit calculator to see what it comes up with. I really can't help you any further with the pension questions.

• Posted

I think I am a little confused denise  lol  but thanks anyway..
    • Posted

Yes, i think you are lol. Please do get a benefits check like i advised.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.