basil joint replacement and carpel tunnel

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all! I'm Karyl

I'm in my 7th week after basel thumb surgery and carpel tunnel on my right hand. I had a cast for 4 weeks then a splint for thumb and haft arm for 2 . Now I'm a splint for just my thumb. I'm just this week working on touching my fingers with my thumb. much harder then I expected. My Dr. had told me it would be about 6 to 8 week recovery. I'm thinking it will be longer! Anyone out there with simuler situation?

Thanks!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

HI Karyl,

i have not had surgery yet, going to see two surgeons in the next month then making my decision on what type and which surgeon. . Did you have the mini tightrope or the tendon transplant type?

• Posted

Hi John,

The tendon from the inside of my arm, It hurt whenever I turned my arm over for about 4 to 5 weeks. I was very lucky to have the best hand surgeon in my area.

• Posted

Hi Karen ,How are you doing now ? I am 3 weeks post surgery , the same as you basal joint (trapeziectomy) and carpal tunnel on left hand

It's still quite achy and painful especially after having cast changed a week ago. The surgeon said it would be a 10 week recovery , 6 weeks in the cast followed by 4 weeks in a splint.By what I have read it may take a lot longer .Hope your progress has been good so far , I would be interested to know how your progress has been 😊

• Posted

sorry Karyl

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.