Basilar Artery Migraines?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I have just been dianosed with Basilar Artery Migraines after 30+ yrs of suffering normal migaines....was just wondering if anyone else suffers out there as I'm told they are very rare? 

hugs

xxx

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi there

What are basilar artery migraines and how did you get diagnosed?

Trudy

• Posted

Hi, Basilar migraines involve vertigo, loss of consciousness, tinitus, double vision, sickness, aura, loss of hearing, slurred speach and temporary blindness. They can last anywhere from 45 mins to 72 hrs!

I had every scan going and finally got diagnosed a few weeks ago after visiting my local hospitals ENT balance clinic which was fab and got to the bottom of the problem straight away. xxx

• Posted

Hi How does this affect which medication you are given?

• Posted

Hi, I have only just been diagnosed but I am on Propranolol 160mg SR (with a view to increase this significantly if needed), sumatriptan 20mg nasal sprays which I have been on for years, topiramate 100mg daily and betahistine 16mg 3 times daily. Initital diagnosis was made more complicated as I also have Addison's Disease so this was masking some symptoms sad 

Do you suffer from basilar migraines? xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.