Baths and fatigue

Posted , 9 users are following.

Has anyone found that when they have a bath they feel worse in terms of fatigue dizzy ness and nausea I can no longer tolerate having bath despite different temperatures 

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi ya Ditto,but its showers that tottaly drain me, i cant belive how having a shower can make my body shut down so much and so quickly,& i feel so so exhusted,,😡😡😡😡

• Posted

I don't feel dizzy or nausea, but drained and very tired after getting out.

• Posted

I had to stop taking baths because they made me feel ill. I only shower.
    • Posted

Maybe cos we are sitting down in a bath with the water all around having a soak makes it worse I used to love bathing
  • Posted

I recently went to a bathhouse and had the same experiance. I can do showers easier then baths.  It depends on the temperature for me though.  Too hot is horrible.  Too cold sends me into muscle painful seizures/spazms. Our bodies are pretty amazing! 
  • Posted

Yes every time I take a shower during the day it takes a few hours to recover. I'm 19 years old and have been dealing with with the energy drain for a couple of years. My best advice is to take showers in late evening For me taking showers or baths in late evening for some reason causes less side effects mostly because the brain and fatigue lift around 8pm for me

• Posted

I'm just doing a Google search to see if my fatigue, dizziness and nauseousness is related to CFS and I'm glad I came across this. Now i know why I feel so unwell after a hot bath which I would normally take when my body was aching. then i would come out feeling even worse. I was finally diagnosed with CFS a week ago though I have been suffering from our for nearly 10 years. I'm just leaving about it.

Since you've posted here over 5 years ago I winner how are you doing now!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.