Batter days

Posted , 4 users are following.

No, it isn't a misprint. It shouldn't read 'better days'

those elephants have been out in the night, must have slipped their ropes where the mods tied them up. :roll:

I can hardly move my legs, they have no strength in them and they ache so much. :cry:

My hands hurt and I cannot grip and I have smashed my favourite big mug. sad

Looking forward to better days anyway, I have a friend coming to stay next week and then I want to be well for my holiday in September.

Doesn't it get you down all this up and down, up and down.

One good thing is I received a letter from the local mental health people and I am at the top of the waiting list to finish my CBT that the ME/CFS clinic psychotherapist began brfore referring back to my home town. So that shouldn't be many more weeks. smile

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

My problem is I work with children and young people :surfer:

They'll just think I'm a stupid old bat :bat: and would probably tell me that too :lol:

It won't be for another 4 weeks or so, by the time those who organise get their act together. smile

Teedie

xx

• Posted

Yes well you 2 sound as though you are being much more sensible than I was.

I went straight back as I was before, making no allowances, and I continued cycling in and back every day. When I couldn't push the pedals round any more I started to drive in. After giving up the first time, as soon as I felt better I went back again but to a different funeral home where the hours were more flexible. I lasted there nearly 2 years, cutting my hours down more and more. I did not give in without a fight and that is why I cannot do it any more.

Ladies, give it a go, but do not push yourselves beyond your limits and whatever you do, do not fight. It is an awfully long way back. sad

• Posted

Thanks for the advice, Alicia.smile

I think I've learned my lesson though. I came off sick leave far too early due to agency staff letting the side down - and really didn't do myself any favours :cry:

As you say, I shall 'test the waters' but if I detect any problems I will give it up as a bad job - literally!!

Having said all that, I'm having second thoughts even now - I am in such pain this evening from the fibromyalgia that I don't know where to put myself.

This weather doesn't help - summer is almost over and we've hardly had any ..... :wah:

Time for bed! :zzz:

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.