BBC2 Monday 8pm 19th june

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi all

just had a call to watch TV .

your body uncovered with Kate Garraway. lady on there was suffering with frozen shoulder. if so it will give you an idea of what's going on in our shoulder.

they gave her a hydrodilatation. another insight into the injection. and yup it does hurt ya at the time lol.

colin

1 like, 26 replies

26 Replies

• Edited

i think thats a repeat, i remember seeing it about a year ago, just before i got injection.

how are you doing Colin, any reduction in pain at all?

• Edited

hi piper

thought it was a new episode

the jab made the lady squeak lol. mine was through the front into the joint. first time i moved me foot. he had to start again as me body mass changed position.

doing well actually. the ache has subsided for the first time in ages ( years ). can still feel the injury but no ache . sleeping on the shoulder kind of as well.

this is day 37. he wants me to see him on day 45 ish to see if i need sticking again or is it an operation . about two weeks ago since " that melt down ". i just hope its done it.

i had to remove the rock tape last week. it was so tight ( for a good reason), its pulled half me skin off and i have welts everywhere. but for a change a good place.

how is your journey going.

colin

• Posted

glad to hear you are feeling a bit of relief FINALLY, long may it last.

I'm ok....still making progress but still not there yet.

• Edited

Im back in the wide awake FS club, it literally pains me to say.

Had the steroid injection but it did very little in the way if relief and Im now in the throes of the FS journey, once more.

The pain is again waking me up at night and I'm popping Ibruprofen like smarties. The ache is like nothing else.

Just wanted to check in with the group for a bit of support and a little moan and some self pity.

I know the shoulder will ease, but I also know it's a long hard slog.

I hope you're all pain free and coping πŸ’ͺπŸ’Ÿ

• Edited

well michelle

ya took your time getting in the club. see you had the acceptance injection lol.

you know the rules and you know the enemy . just give it one. that's from me.

as ever here to accept your rant. it just sucks.

its not like pulling a muscle and its for a week. i always think second time around is less harsh. or we just get use to wandering the house of a night.

up near your manor this week. york and whitby. got a job to do so taken a week off.

going to see farningdale early warning radar. my dad built it in 1963. i arrived in 64 lol. made in yorkshire .

i have to report in to the surgeon this week as its been 8 weeks since me last jab. to see where we go from here.

and yes still holding a pillow during the night.

stay positive as you do and stay strong. you can and will see the light.

colin

• Posted

really sorry to read that, the sleep deprivation stage is so so tough.....but it will pass....unfortunately as you know it takes time. are you propped up with loads of pillows?.do you use uddermint or anything like that?.

• Edited

Hi piper / looby

went to the shoulder hospital this morning . knew it before i even got there. yet again worst case scenario.

had a real chat pro's and con's. the shoulder cannot adjust fast enough the the operation last year.

the A/C joint has now gone south, fluid and inflammation around the top of the shoulder.

He asked if I wanted another steroid injection I had the last one 71 days ago and the ache is through the roof already. they help but it’s not long-term.

I am back under the knife to have the joint rebuilt first week in October I have been told by him it is a particularly painful recovery

then back to work in the New Year but he has strongly advised that I cannot be a carpenter anymore it's put too much strain on my shoulder which is damaged

this time he’s going to do it privately through the NHS in Epsom to try and save me some money as I’m a frequent flyer lol.

Mr unlucky

• Edited

hey Colin,

where does this sh1t show end for us all?

Did the surgeon say what the chances of a full recovery/pain free shoulder are?

I mean how many times are they prepared to cut you open and stitch you back up again, only to be in as much pain as you were pre op?

I admire your perseverance but when are you going to get some respite from all this?

On your side as ever πŸ’ͺ

• Posted

mr unlucky about sums it up alright, christ such a tough road. really wish that there was a magic button to press for you to get rid of all the pain.

if its a long recovery will your job pay you sick pay?....and change your job to an office based one?.

lots on your plate.....you are a very strong individual and we are always here for you to vent on your journey to recovery- don't forget that

• Edited

ladies ladies thanks for your support. me heart goes out to ya.

yup hard day to take in. had a heart to heart with lisa.

i am really struggling these past two weeks. i got to get me head into operation mode.

been told is a painful one. the tendon operation was pain free. he has warmed me its painful.

hey we know all about pain and ache.

the surgeon is going to write to my company detailing how bad it is and how they are not helping in the recovery.

to be honest i have been put on a gross misconduct charge last week for swearing not at a tenant but around a tenant ( filmed with out me knowing ) back in 2021. while working out of hours at night. while double frozen shouldered and just out of surgery .

really dont feel the love here at the moment.

thanks for the support here

β™₯β™₯β™₯β™₯

• Posted

christ colin 😳 you could do without that hassle in work. was that filmed by a colleague?.if so do you think that they are trying to get you out so they don't have to pay you sick pay?.

worrying that consultant is warning you about the pain level, not exactly what you want to hear.i really hope it won't be as bad as expected since you have built up your pain threshold over the past few years.

hard to say keep the chin up i know but I mean this pain can't last forever and you will come out the other side

• Edited

you should get an employment law solicitor in your corner Colin. Sounds like they are putting the skids under you. Shame on them as a supposedly "responsible employer"

Having personal experience of the tenants at said housing association, they are enough to make a nun swear, never mind someone with a physical job who is delirious with pain and suffering sleep deprivation whilst trying to hold down a full time job.

You need out of there Colin!

We're with you Colin, always here for a rant and some empathy.

Hang in there pal, you've come this far πŸ’•πŸ™πŸ’•

• Edited

Hi gang

had a 5 days to get me head around what i have to had dome.

yup it all falls into place with the ache. come to terms with whats needed to be done. yup it sucks.

looked up and learnt. sucked it up and accepted me visit to hospital again.

its all down to over working the joint. the body just could not adapt to the operations done ( i over done it )

best bit is i had it out with the east of england manager and i will be moved to a lesser job " yay "

8 weeks till the operation. had to unpack all the boxes i had stored from last time.

12 week recovery. i am in the throws of setting up team colin all over again.

c

• Posted

so glad your work has finally given you a more appropriate position woohoo.

sounds like you have got your head around op, so well done for that. you are a very strong minded individual Colin and I have no doubt that you will get through this and come out the other side better.

• Posted

hi gang

another weekend "yay"

just got the letter from the surgeon. yup its the ACJ recision . been looking into this.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

going to hurt bad for 4 weeks !!!. programmed in for the first week in oct. gives me until the new year to recover.

its not a nice operation . grumpy room 101. people if you are looking for the first time here. this is a warning of just how bad it can get. be warned. think hard .

operating is not all roses . me i am mr cactus patch.

for my next step its the mumford procedure plus extras lol.

do i need this NO. do i ache. every minuet of every day and night up to a 8/10 now. its me last chance to get better.

work will move me to a different job ( still a carpenter but extremely managed ). its all down to the ability of the body not to catch up on that has happened post op ( over done it)

now getting ready mentally for a hard painful few months from october..

how is my gang doing

c

• Posted

oh Colin....I reckon your 8/10 would be my 25/10 as you seem to have a strong pain threshold so I really feel for you. is the operation guaranteed (once recovery time done) to leave you pain free?.

I really thought that work had given you an office job.....emmmhhhh still being a carpenter doesn't sound like it will be good for recovery etc ...

is Oct the surgeons first available date?....cos if you are in pain 24/7 why leave you till Oct

• Posted

gives me time off up to and over christmas with pay lol

back in sick pay 5 th sept. can cope with it . drilling into the joint all the time.

went to the gross misconduct hearing 1 day early . so sleep deprived did not know what day it was.

and i ripped them apart on the matter.

illegal video from 3 years ago and i swore.

GDPR and ripa law with data protection law. they broke the rules.

c

• Posted

hi piper again.

na you ladies have a higher pain tolerance. this time around the ache is so different. its drawing me down its just constant in the ACJ,

we had a chat after the misconduct meeting as head if HR was there.

they are fully supportive of the operation and it will not reflect on my bradford score. i am to be moved to reactive work and heavily monitored. i will be doing silly jobs ( window handles. locks. ).

even after the misconduct hearing thursday i was then given pointers and answers for the supervisor job by these two people ????.

it was mentioned 3 months ago that its another supervisor lined up for a side move. and i was not thought of or wanted.

i just have to play the long game and see if i can recover. this is going to be a painful recovery. not that you can move. you just cant through the pain !!!!.

colin

• Posted

i cant figure out your work bosses....they pull you in for misconduct and then advise you for other jobs. I thought they were trying to get rid of you slyly....very confusing. very glad to hear jobs would be door handles etc....you will need mega light work.

How are you doing on the painkillers?. are you taking max doses every day?.are you back using uddermint and all your various paraphernalia everyday?

where do you stand for this operation, is it covered payment wise or is it you who has to pay?.....I know you had signed off on payout but considering you are still injured can you get case reopened?

• Posted

piper

cant get me head around work bosses. will just see what happens next.

i have tried to keep off the pain meds. its just i have taken so many its worrying and if can stay off them when they are needed they work better.

i just have the shoulder heavily strapped pulling the joint back to open it up. with sauce as well.

causation is the word their solicitor used as this is not die to the origional injury !!!!!!!!!!'.

yes it was !!!!. had to settle last november so this is all at my cost now..

c

• Posted

colin it actually makes my blood boil that you are having to pay for this.....cos you were never better, so frustrated for you.

causation- What The F ......ughhhhhhhhh

• Posted

hi piper

how are ya holding up.

just got me confirmation for the operation, 3rd oct at the sweloc shoulder hospital again. it has to be the last attempt to be pain free.

count down now starts.

good news is the solicitor is going to re read the accident notes. even though i have been paid but still way out if pocket. its a hope.

how ya doing , michelle is struggling still badly.

c

• Posted

your op wont be long coming around.i have everything crossed that this is it for you, the end of pain.

glad solicitor is looking at things again, I really hope that they can make sure that you are not so out of pocket.

poor Michelle as well, such a rough road.i really don't know if I could cope if I got a second FS.

have you started your new job yet?. if not I hope you are cutting back on the heavy work load.

Good to hear from you & thanks for keeping me updated

• Edited

Hi Piper

how are you doing this month looby is having a mare at the moment with nerve pains. so not deserving for so long and so bad.

i have 17 days to go now. i have managed my shoulder to the max. so much it has subsided with ache. doesnt mean its vanished lol.

good news is i have secured a job as a carpentry tutor at a college. which means i can go back after 4 weeks in class and not the 12-16 if i carried on as a carpenter. and now do not fear re injury post op in class.

will hand me notice in on the operation day. i have also sorted out a better physio. went last week and all good.

c

• Posted

so chuffed for you Colin.

Hopefully respite all round for you πŸ™πŸ’ͺπŸ’™

• Edited

sorry to hear you are struggling with nerve pain looby, hope it eases for you soon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.