BC shrunk but experiencing pinching/aching?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've had a BC about two months now. The biggest it got was about the size of a cherry. It was tender at first, and I went on two rounds of antibiotics which didn't do much to shrink it. After that it was relatively painless, tender from time to time. I've been doing sitz baths consistently and now it's shrunk to about the size of a..bean maybe? It's actually lost its roundness, it just feels more like a small irregular area of inflmmation like it's breaking up. However I've been experiencing some aching, pinching, and radiating pain in the past two weeks. Has anyone else had this while the cyst was healing? Could it be nerve irritation from the cyst rubbing around such a sensitive, vascular area? I've had radiating pain in my lower back/butt and leg, and even my vulva. However I have no swelling, redness, fever, or anything else to indicate this cyst is growing/accessing.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Yes I have the same, pain in top of my legs, my pubic area and even my lowers tummy. The hard lump,seems to be getting smaller after 4 lots of antibiotics but I still have soft swelling behind it which gets seems to come and go, dr says today it's probably about as good as its going to get and has referred me. It has me so worried!!!! 

• Posted

How did I miss this reply? Oops! Antibiotics did nothing for me. If you can, order a portable sitz bath online, they're pretty cheap. I took 4 sitz baths with sea salt daily, each time for 20 min. It helped soooo much! Also I just responded to your post in another thread about the pain we've been experiencing. I have pudendal neuralgia and you might too! It essentially means the nerves in that area have been aggravated by the cyst. I'm in far less pain now that my cyst has all but disappeared!

• Posted

Thanks for your reply. I've just looked at a diagram showing the pudendal nerve and that would certainly explain the pain I am experiencing. When I explain it to dr's (3 different ones now) they say it can't be related to the cyst. 

I am using site bath but probably not as often I as should. At the moment sitting with a hot wheat bag!!! Pleased to hear your on the mend.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.