BCG Side effects

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am having BCG treatment for bladder cancer. I had it 8 years ago and had no side effects at all but things are different this time. Last week I had my treatment and since then had severe pain when I wee. Also I seem to be weeing all the time. On a night I wake up just about on the hour (or more often) last night I had to rush to the loo eleven times. During the day I have to wee about every half hour - not drops but a proper wee and sometimes cannot get to the loo in time and so I leak. No way can I have my treatment this week as I wouldn't be able to hold the liquid in my bladder for the recommended 2 hours - so a waste of time going. Please has anyone else had these side effects.

Regards

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Jean, I feel for you. I used to be something like that. Always, looking for a toilet, and always, having that urge to pee. It was the worst feeling! My wife, and I went on a trip to the mainland, and we would always have to stop at every rest stop, practically. My bladder, wasn't emptying completely, so it always felt uncomfortable. Now that I cic, things are much better. Maybe, you should try that? Take care, and I wish you much healing!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.