BCG TREATMENT FOR BLADDER CANCER

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I am having BCG treatment for bladder cancer and just had my 6th treatment. Has anyone else experienced what I am - severe pain when going for a wee and find sitting unbearable as there's so much pain. I was told the treatment can cause this BUT can anyone suggest anything to ease it?

Regards

J

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Jean, you can take any pain medication that suits you, eg Neurofen but if you are in UK you should have received advice about this. Do you have a dedicated nurse?

The pain is common after this type of treatment.

• Posted

Hi Marina, thanks for the advice. No I live in Spain and was told I could not take anything stronger than paracetamol not even antibiotics whilst on the treatment. I had this treatment 8 years ago in the UK but did not have any pain - maybe the doses are stronger here - BUT if it works again it's worth putting up with discomfort.

Regards

Jean X

• Posted

Hi Marina, thanks for the advice. I live in Spain and was told the strongest painkiller I could take was paracetamol - not even antibiotics. When I had this treatment 8 years ago I never had any discomfort - maybe the dosage is stronger here? If it work again then it is worth the discomfort eh!

Regards

Jean

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.