BCG Treatment for Bladder Cancer

Posted , 2 users are following.

3 weeks ago I finished my BCG treatment (had 6 lots in all) and wonder when things will get back to normal? For nearly 2 months I have had constant severe pain in my urethra, sitting down is agony and I am having to wee every half hour and during the night I wake up every hour desperate to wee and, of course, each time I wee it's like weeing glass - so very painful. I am due a cystoscopy in February and dread ther thought of a camera inserted into my urethra if I am still like this unbearable. Please - has anyone else been like tis during and after BCG treatment???

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Try to avoid having anything else up your urethra because that will cause more damage. Have you had any blood from a urethral injury? If not then your urethra is probably inflamed from all the catheterization. The most you can do is try not to strain the urethra, minimize water to 48 ounces for a few days. Try to p**s everything out before you sleep and do everything you can to not cause pain to the urethra. If you're able to empty your bladder every time you go then you're at least doing well in that respect and will likely have to take Tylenol for pain. If no cut or scrape in urethra you can combine Ibuprofen with Tylenol but eat something or drink chocolate milk just before taking pills. Hope that helps and hope you keep away from anything going into your urethra from now on.

• Posted

Hope you heal and the pain goes away. Im 46 with bladder cancer. They tricked me into getting a 2nd turbt and cut and scraped my penile urethra which had blood coming out of my urethra but the hospital sent me home like that along with many other injuries they caused. Its so torturous. Now i cant fully empty my bladder and have so much pain.

Feels like im being scraped with metal, poked with wires and have burning. They hurt my pudendal nerve so i cant even sit down any more or i get pain in perinuem bladder and penis they ripped my testicles up and now i have constipation. Cant strain or urethra feels like its going to start bleeding and some times it does bleed so im so miserable and sad.

• Posted

Gosh how awful for you - isn't there anything that can be done?

Did you have BCG treatment when you were first diagnosed with cancer?

Regards

J

• Posted

I didnt know i had a giant tumor in my bladder until november 30 2018. they scraped it out and 5 and a half weeks later i was still healing but doing good and looking forward to having a great summer but they told my mom that if i didnt get 2nd turbt to see if it was in the bladder muscle that i would die in 1-3 years so she had me do it though i told doctors i did NOT want to do it.

So January 8th, i unfortunately went in and woke up to life-ruining torture. Cut and scrapes in urethra that nearly 7 weels later still torturing me and i cant do anything or even wear clothing on it.

The scope was so huge it also injured my penis and is over stretched and sore. Ripped connective tissues on right testicle injured perineum and pudendal nerve. My bladder hurts every day and all kinds of urethral pain when taking a leak.

Im just so injured that any test or surgery will just mutilate me even more. It wasnt in the muscle so im eligible for BCG but cant have a catheter in so the TURBT was just biopsy practice for them and life-ruining torture for me. Hope your bladder and urethra feel better. Im guessing you take Tylenol. If you have no injury in urethra or kidneys you could add Ibuprofen with it 200mg.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.