Beat Pityriasis Rosea with conservative treatment in a week! (I had big herald patches)

Posted , 2 users are following.

I got Pityriasis Rosea and tried to fight it naturally by getting lots of rest and trying to eat healthy foods over a 4-day period with no luck. I had a fairly bad case with two big herald patches on my collarbone area, 1 on my neck, 3 on my back, 1 on my torso, and lots of little red spots all over my torso and back. It seemed like new spots would pop up each day, so I got desperate and turned to these forums. Very thankful for this community and here's what worked for me. Beat it within a week after starting this regiment!

[Phase 1]

- Five-minute Tanning Bed treatments (2x): I started with tanning bed treatments, and was very conservative with this as I don't like to tan. I did one 5-minute session on day 1 of my treatment cycle and one 5-minute session on day 3. This immediately stopped new spots from forming, and I noticed a difference, but the spots didn't seem to disappear fast enough.

[Phase 2]

- Head and Shoulders Body Washing (1x a day): I got a small bottle of normal Head and Shoulders shampoo and would wash my body with this 1x a day for a week. I don't like using chemicals, but I also feel this was a crucial part to this regiment since it has Pyrithione Zinc, which combats Dandruff that's caused by yeast infections. 

[Other supplemental notes]

I also did these other things in conjunction with my treatment but I really feel that the tanning and Head & Shoulders treatment helped the most. 

- Gold Bond Aloe Healing Lotion [Applied these to the herald patches and spots]

- Emergen C Immune Plus Defense w/ Vitamin D packet (1x each morning for 5 days)

- Yoga (5x a week) + Probiotics (7x a week): I did these things before I had PR and still do these things, but just disclosing in case it may have led to a quicker recovery time. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

How long did you have PR before you started the head and shoulders and the tanning?
    • Posted

8 days after I got PR.

I started the tanning first and then started Head and Shoulders a couple days after the last round of tanning. It sounded like other people did both concurrently which I think is ok. I didn't do Head & Shoulders at first, because I don't like putting chemicals on my body and wanted to see if I could forgo that step. However, I think it was definitely a key part of the healing process. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.