Beat1954

Posted , 5 users are following.

Always had high blood pressure ,but its under control but since this heatwave it has gone up to150/ 84 first reading of the day x

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Have you spoken to your GP?  

Mine is the same, not first thing but then, I take my meds at around 05.30 & then I take another med at 16.00  which just about keeps on top of things, though yesterday, I had to take an extra one in the evening because my BP was still going up.

Talk to your GP see what he/she says

• Posted

I think it is the heat but you should talk to your GP.  

Good luck & don't worry

• Posted

150/84 doesn't seem outrageously high, your BP is probably up and down through out the day. Give yourself ten minutes relaxation and then try it again.

As others have said, it's possibly the weather having an effect but if you're genuinely concerned talk to your GP.

• Posted

Excellent advice 

MC. I really don’t think you have to much to worry about but I think Jason gave a good sound advice and I would just check with your doctor

• Posted

That’s not considered high by some doctors And your blood pressure can change multiple times a day check with your doctor but some people just tend to run a little bit high however I can check with your doctor but if it was me I wouldn’t be concerned about those numbers but I’m just speaking for myself personally... ever since they came out with this new standard of what your blood pressure should be everybody is running around thinking they have hypertension

I wish you well :-)

• Posted

Your right sometimes i can take it and its very low,i have an headache most mornings just wondering if it coulld be because BP goes up in the night x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.