BEATEN

Posted , 14 users are following.

At least it took the world's worst pain to whip me. Nothing matters.

0 likes, 43 replies

43 Replies

Next
  • Edited

No it hasnt beaten you. Ihad this for two and a half years. IAM 69 years old. this disease is terrible!!!! Hold on, keep going. Find the right DR. find the right med. , dont let this beat you!!!!! Iam on Lyrica for a week now. it is helping. yes, I have side effects. I dont like them, but nothing I cant deal with, compared to the pain. the pain isnt all gone, but is more tolerable . youre strong, youre brave, Hang ON!! take care, GOD BLESS YOU..

• Posted

No it hasnt beaten you. Ihad this for two and a half years. IAM 69 years old. this disease is terrible!!!! Hold on, keep going. Find the right DR. find the right med. , dont let this beat you!!!!! Iam on Lyrica for a week now. it is helping. yes, I have side effects. I dont like them, but nothing I cant deal with, compared to the pain. the pain isnt all gone, but is more tolerable . youre strong, youre brave, Hang ON!! take care, GOD BLESS YOU..

• Posted

• Posted

What meds are you on? My first shock was Feb. 8, 2011, left side of tongue and jaw, thought I was going to die, but I finally found a dr that wanted to help. I take oxcarbazepine when I have to, rub benzocaine inside mouth, when I can't chew I drink liquid meal replacement,, keep it on right side of mouth. Hope you have a better day, I had 1 yr of remission but it came back. Don't give up!

• Posted

Does the pain feel like a shock right from the first time? I have a dull ache which isn't too painful but feels like some pressure in my left side. Could this be TN?

• Posted

Thank u both for your very prompt replies. Lamictal 800mg x8, Lyrica 150mgx3, and a new one Aptiom 800mgx1 ($1100.00/mo.) for this one. I just took 2 plus extra Lyrica. Did some bowls. Feel better knowing u guys are taking it. You know what I mean. Have u guys had the the thing that feels your eye is burning out of your head and u p**s down your leg?

• Posted

OH YEAH. NONE OF THIS IS FUN!! The inside of my mouth burns, sharp pains in my head, electrical charges in my head, where my eyesight distorts. etc... DR. Neurologist said , no, this isnt TN. since then, other primary care DR. have said that it is TN. Phantom tooth pain does not go on and on like this!!!! I take LYRICA 25 mg. a day. , but have just begun on this med. Also 6 TYLENOL A DAY., a valium.

when this all began, I had my upper teeth removed, and two on the bottom., then stopped because the pain wasnt going away. I have been through HELL.... Still trying to find my way out of this nightmare!! No one believes the pain I have since Iam not bleeding, etc... They cant see the pain. I have aged terribly, cant they see my face??? Its all there!!! Ive had no remissions. The pain is relentless!! Day in and day out.

• Posted

my God u should be on 300mg Lyrica and an antiepileptic I'm so sorry Janice

• Posted

I mean 450mg.

• Posted

Its trigeminal. They call it the suicide disease. Google it

• Posted

it is evil!! i got a radio surgery where they burn the nerve into oblivion but it grows backand the painreturns and i have to do it again and again for the rest of mydays BUT it works and I go on...no drugs...they makeme sick and thenstop working,soforget it! BUT THE RADIO SURGERY WORKS! Yay!

• Posted

Can you tell me more about this Radio surgery? Thanks.

• Posted

ABSOLUTELY! I am 76 and have had T..N. for 20+ years. I'll try anything that keeps the pain away. My last radio surgery (Thermocoagulation) has lasted over 2 years although previous attempts lasted just months. Day surgery only and well worth it. I'm still on 400mg Tegretol twice daily to help keep it away but have had some sort of life at last. Hope and prayers to you all

Gill

• Posted

It is a daÿ surgery...a little pain for a day or so...tylenol takes care of it. The worst part is part of my jaw is numb making it hard to chew in public. There are three nerve branches and my problem is the one that goes in the jaw.

But the horrible TN is gone. It doesnt last so you get it again and again. Better than the pain and I am drug free.

I found a really good neurosurgeon in town who has done lots of these surgeries.

• Posted

they say it gets worse but ive had this nearly 20 years. im off all meds and rely on keeping upright, not speaking to people on my right side (i face them so the nerve doesnt pinch) and if needs be i blow my cheek out really tight until the pain goes. i know what youre going through sending lots of love xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.