Beating a burden to your family??

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi All,

Does anyone feel like , because of your anxiety you are becoming a burden to your loved ones??

I always fight with these negative thoughts.

Even though my husband is very supportive but sometime I worry that I am causing him too much stress

I don't want to do tha but sometime I am so desperate for words which can calm me.

Currently I am on Zoloft 50mg from last 3 weeks, not sure when I will start feeling better.

I am still a mess.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

In the past I was very much the same when I was in the early stages of my conditio Mn. When I was eventually diagnosed I still felt very much that I thought people were not very understanding. Now after thirty years or so my family here know I will always try to rise above my condition and help, on occassions this is not possible and I have to sit out activities I am unable now to do.

All I can suggest id you talk to those who love you and explain how you feel. Most people will accept you will try your best, it is up to you to be sincere

BOB

• Posted

Yes!!! I do. Totally.

I feel like a burden and then I feel guilty for them worrying. I see their anxiety over my anxiety upsets them and it becomes a circle..

I try to tell myself this: Thank goodness I have people to be a burden to. People who care for me and love me enough to worry.

It doesn't solve it but it does remind me of what's important.

You will get better and easier times will come... Then you will enjoy both the good and bad times with people who love you. That is very lucky x

• Posted

Thank you.

I never thought like this, yes you are right...We are lucky to have someone who loves us enough to worry.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.