Beating GERD

Posted , 2 users are following.

I want to share my success story in beating GERD over the last three months as I think I may be able to help others who suffer from it (who do not have extended problems).

Over a year ago I started to experience constant heartburn, this developed worse into further acid reflux symptoms and I was getting little relief from PPI medication.

I was starting to feel very ill from it mentally and physically. I wanted to get to the root cause of the problem rather than keep masking the symptoms.

So I began an eating regimen, this involved chewing my food ready for swallowing, kneeling down on the floor, placing my head in my hands against the floor, then swallowing my food, making sure my head was below my stomach as I swallowed, and waiting one to three seconds before repeating the process.

The theory I read, as I understand it, is that it forces your lower esophageal spinchter (the muscle responsible for keeping the contents of your stomach in there) to work extra hard in the swallowing process, as it fights against the gravity of your food being digested on an incline.

I was a bit skeptical at first, but after a few months of trying this, all of my GERD symptoms have subsided. I still do this exercise daily, but not constant like I was. I done it repeatedly for months and it seems to have cured my GERD.

There is only one article online that refers to this practice, no other information whatsoever on the topic, but as of today I am currently GERD free.

I just wanted to share my experience with other GERD suffers in the hope it may also help them. Caution: it takes a lot of discipline to perform this exercise like I did, as I done it repeatedly over and over for a sustained period of time

side note: I perfected the exercise my kneeling on the edge of my bed, placing my hands on the floor below and placing my head as low as I can while swallowing.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hi jack i also have had bad heartburn this last six months been taking my acid tablets since my early 20s and now in my 50s tablets have done there job all this time....i have to have two tests done on the 19th this month to see what acid levels my stomach is producing ,bit concerned worse case senario i might need operation called nissen fundoplication really worried if i had to have this done i put up a post asking if anyone maybe has had this op and could shed more light of what the op involves glad ur GERD free jack wish i was dont think it would work on me what u tried ..all the best jack

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.