Beau lines? Some other nail condition?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello!

I have horizontal lines and bumps on my nail for many years but for last few months I noticed that that will happen to all of my nails.

I found out that it could be Beau lines, I visited two different doctors and they didn't know what is that and what cause them.

I need help and i hope that somebody knows what I can do about that!imageimage

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

They could be caused by damage to the nail bed. Over enthusiastic pushing back of cuticles etc. The bed is damaged at that point and probably will never grow out. They can also occur if you have had a severe illness.

If you feel ok and healthy just ignore this. If the nails get very much worse then see a dermatologist, but I think the damage has been done and its like a scar in the nail bed.

• Posted

Thank you for help. Well I don't push cuticles or anything just use creams for hands and nails and I never had any kind of accident with nails. I'm suspicious because it is now on all of my nails on both hands.

• Posted

Ivana...you are obviously concerned so do see your doctor or dermatologist. Theres only so much help that can be offered on this site.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.