Skip to content
Ad

Nail Disorders

Also known as Fungal Nail Infection, Ingrown Toenail, Paronychia

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Nail Fungus - at the end of my tether

I've had nail fungus since 2013. It started on my big toe and was minor with a change in the texture of the nail and white discolouration. I went to the docs to get it checked out and they took nail scrapings. The test for nail fungus was negative. The nail fungus then spread to a second toenail,...

Last reply
  • Help regarding toenails!

I have recently observed this brownish spot on my toenail, I searched google for that and read about ALM n now m worried , please see this picture and tell me is it a fungal infection or something else?

Posted
  • Nail concern

Hello ladies and gents.. I’m concerned of my big toe nail. I have a spot on it and I haven’t injured it or anything recently and I want your opinion on what it is? It’s brown-yellowish with what looks like red capillaries 

Last reply
  • I've had a tough time for a few weeks

I need help, at the tip of each of my nails I have horizontal white like at the tip of each nail, I've tried to research what it could be but I don't have anything that looks like my nails, am confused

Last reply
  • Strange spot on toenail

Hi all ive developed a brownish patch under my right big toenail in the last 3 weeks had thick nail for years but this has come from nowhere going to get it looked at it has white round the border and is halfway up my nail.

Last reply
  • What is wrong with my toenail? Is it fungal?

I noticed my toenail was like this perhaps a year and a half ago after being on holiday. I had asked someone and they thought I had damaged it. I don't recall damaging it so it's all a bit strange. None of my other nails are like this. Now it's turned a not very attractive looking yellowy...

Last reply
  • Tuff Toenail fungus!

I have been trying for over a year to get rid of toenail fungus. I have used tea tree oil, vineger and prescription Penlac Nail Lacquer, but the fungus is still there. Does anyone have an ideas on what to use next?

Last reply
  • Damaged thumb nail

I have crashed my thumb nail in the car door 3 months ago.. Most part of the old nail was damaged and I have removed it. A new nail is growing. My question is, does the small part of nail left on the right hand side of the thumb has to be removed so that the new nail grows in the correct way? Or is...

Last reply
  • Mucous finger blister!

I have a fluid like filled blister above my middle left finger & nail has slight indentation in it. I showed it to my lovely GP last year & she really didn't know what it was. She said she could burst it but, thought it would come back again. I looked it up on Dr Google & saw pics there...

Posted
  • Finger nail problem

Hello, I've recently encountered this problem with my finger nail and I have no idea what it is. I'd greatly appreciate some insight, thanks! 

Posted
  • Dents in new nail after trauma

A few months ago I experienced paronychia in my thumb after a hangnail caused infection to the nail. At one side the nail detached itself and eventually the new nail has grown beneath the old nail, pushing it upwards. Even after several months I still have a small fragment of the old nail still...

Posted
  • Ingrown toenail or just an infection? Not sure what to do....

Lost part of my big toe nail about 9 months ago while hiking. Since the nail grew back the left side of my big toe has been hard and painful and red. Today I stubbed it and wow it hurt bad and when that happened it ripped the skin open and about 1/2 tsp of pus came out. Since it was flapping I cut...

Last reply
  • Big toenail is purple and has a dull ache - no injury

For the last week my big toenail has felt sore if I gently press down on it, it is not ingrown and I haven't injured it. Today I noticed it looks slightly purple in comparison to my other big toenail, it also has a darker line down one side that looks like blood under the nail, also it has what can...

Last reply
  • finger boil,

Can someone please help my to understand what may be going on... i have a finger boil/ blister it has gotten very swollen to where the skin has broke and i can see the next layer of meat, is there anyway i can post a photo to give better details or illustrate it better?

Last reply
  • Large Toenail Problem 😢

Back in 2011 I had to walk home from work in freezing Snowy condition and my shoes let a lot of wet in which made my toenails fill up with water halfway I attempted to cut the area off but the nails just kept growing in at the sides I've tried filing them down with nail files and nail drills but...

Last reply
  • Onychomadesis? Fungus?

What's going on here...my toenails "shed", peel and new growth is under a thick layer that eventually falls off. This happens with most all my toenails periodically. The big toenails are very thick and most recently my right one discolored, lifted, and is obviously two major layers with...

Last reply
  • Partially ripped of big toe nail six weeks ago

I kicked a tree root walking on the beach and lifted the nail on my big toe. It bled a bit but didn't fully remove the toe nail. Saw a podiatrist who cut the nail back and advised frequent Epsom salt baths, keeping it wrapped up and using betadine cream to treat infection. It was been healing for...

Posted
  • throbing pain in fingre.

two days back i noticed red bump on finger with some pain. now pain has increased , bump is warm and its swollen and it is becoming white from corners now. i looked up  on net and found i have Paronychia. this is the first time i have somthing like this. i will visit doctor tommorow. but i had knife...

Last reply
  • Injury or fungus?

Please help i hit my nail like 2-3 monts ago when i did it this started happening now i don't know is it a injury or fungus?

Last reply
  • yellow nail syndrome

I am 46 years of age, and for the past 2 years have been asking my doctors what was wrong with my nails (fingers and toes) but getting no answer, till finally i was refered to a dermatolagist at hospital, who diagnosed it as YELLOW NAIL SYNDROME which is a rare desease, and only 100 other cases have...

Last reply
  • Lamisil is working, but not how I expected....

Everything I've read said that the toenail just grows out, and healthy nail is behind that. Well, mine are crumbling and detaching and under the gross fungus nail, there is shiny smooth healthy nail. Has anyone had similar experience? I'm almost done with 2nd month of lamisil.

Posted
  • finger clubbing

I have clubbed fingers and toes. I have had the following test which were inconclusive; blood tests, chest x-ray, heart ultra-sound and lung function test. I cannot remember when my fingers became like they are or if they were like that since a young age. I have asthma since a young age, and no other...

Last reply
  • I have to toenail issue..help.

My big toe has been bothering me so bad. Honestly I'm embarrassed to seek medical help in person. I feel like I waited too long and it's worse now. My nail is growing weird..like high almost like I have a toenail mountain. It hurts so bad and I can't even cut the nail it's almost like...

Last reply
  • Matching Whiteness on big toe nails

Hi, i have matching whiteness on both of my big toes. The corner of each toes nearest the next toe has crumbly nail, white, sometimes a little yellow. Ive had it for years. Sometimes it gets a little better, soemtimes it is really obvious. I have tried the pens which didnt work, tried putting menthol...

Last reply
  • nail bed curved

hi some of my nails especially my index fingers the nail curves slightly down, is this normal? sure not always been like it! am 43 with health anxiety. had recent bloods and all ok , how do i upload photo to show?

Last reply
  • nail bed curving

hi some of my nails are curving down especially index ones. is this really early sign of clubbing or just age?! how do i post a photo?

Posted
  • Is this eary ingrown toenail or just infection ?

I have had ingrown toenail in my other toe and I had to get it removed by surgery. Now there is swelling on the side of nail in the other toe. It's a little pain when touched on the swelling ( I guess that's normal).  Is this simple inflammation or the early stage of a ingrown toenail ?...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.