Skip to content

Nail Disorders

New discussion Join group Also known as Fungal Nail Infection, Ingrown Toenail, Paronychia

All discussions in this group

Next
  • bee78365 1

One fingernail seems to have a fungal infection

I've been really embarrassed by this one nail thats just been ugly and sometimes if I try to file it down it can the moment I can't go to a doctor hut would like to know if there is something I can do to treat it at home for the time being.. Its been bother me for years.. I don't want to

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Theobee 1

What is wrong with my toenail? Is it fungal?

I noticed my toenail was like this perhaps a year and a half ago after being on holiday. I had asked someone and they thought I had damaged it. I don't recall damaging it so it's all a bit strange. None of my other nails are like this. Now it's turned a not very attractive looking yellowy colour

3 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • alex1985 1
  • daniel48059 1

Ingrown toe nail

Hi all. Have come for some advice. Please negative comments as it has taken me alot to just reach out for some help. I have had ingrown toenails on both big toes for not far off ten year. Ive been so scared/ashamed i have just let them be. I have to clean them daily as the smell is terrible but

• denise08809 1
  • susan0347 1
  • danny26079 1

White vertical line on big toe nail

I wonder if anyone can shed any light on this. I have a white line, around 0.5mm wide running straight down my big toe nail. I can't remember how long I have had this. I've been to doc who are waiting for lab tests to see if its fungal related - the first tests have come back abnormal and are doing

6 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • rita99215 1

Split nail

My right thumb nail gets a ridge starting from the cuticle, twice before it has stopped half way up but this 3rd timeeit has gone all the way to top of the nail and has split about a quarter of the way back down. My doctor took a plc and sent it to an "expert" who also took a pic and sent me a

6 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • keidran 33397 1

Pale/White Nails Since Birth

Just registered to post this. Okay, as the title of the thread says, I've had very pale or white nails since I can remember anything in life. I never really thought it was an issue until girls in middle and high school started saying how pretty my nails were and asking questions about who did

• noah81990 1

Could this be Terry's Nails?

Just noticed that most of my toenails have some whiteness followed by a small red line at the top. I'm a 20 year old male, to my knowlegde I don't suffer from cirrhosis, liver failure, diabetes, CHF, or hyperthyroidism. I have had relatively recent bloodwork and everything came back okay, and I

• steve39022 1

Toe nail fungas

I think i have the answer to this after years of trying. Wash your feet with any dandruff shampoo every night with a sponge, let your feet dry then use Lamasil or Scoll athletes foot cream, use a small paint brush to apply. I also put some on in the morning, It takes  six weeks to see a result but

2 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • lin18584 1
  • jeremy0511 1

Right thumbnail vertical split, left beginning

My right thumbnail has been like this for over a year now and it looks like my left thumbnail is beginning the process of splitting and will eventually look like the right. All other fingernails are normal as well as all toenails. Dermotologist injected steroids once a month for 3 months with no

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • glenn987 1
  • DonH 2

Diagnose needed please

Hi..  right thumb has vertical line that is rather soft and causes a break right on the end by the line.  Any ideas?  Thank you in advance

5 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • marilyn84391 2

P.M.R. I.P.F. pneumonia and trip to Australia!

can anyone help please, I had overnight stay in hospital, had intravenous antibiotics for pneumonia and I was told to double my 5mg pred for 5 days and then drop down to five again. Will that be ok as alarm bells are ringing and I'm not sure.  My other problem is I'm hopefully going to my

• eva999 2

Ingrown nails.

Hi there. I have a problem of ingrown nails. My nails do not grow, the last time I used a nailcutter was about 4 years ago. I tried all the remedies like soaking hands in cold water with salt and oil but it did not help me. I don't bite my nails.(Only sometimes when I'm stressed).  Can someone help

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • waffles 1

Not sure what's happening after trauma

Hello All, I've never had any significant nail problems, but several weeks ago I had a small scale at the base of my thumb nail.  I kept picking at it, which became annoying, so I filed the base with a nail file board.  That took the little scale away, but about a week later, the base of the nail

• anyawill 2

Please help diagnose this (photos included)

Quick history. I never had any problems with my nails, ever, until this. I am really unsure what this is. It started the month I was due to give birth in 2014, after I got a pedicure for the first time ever, the woman snipped my skin with cuticle nippers and it hurt like hell! I ignored the cut and

• camilaber 1

fungus nail holistic view

hi does anyone know if this fungus nail predict a disease or disorder in the body?  the nail is yellow with a black line. here is the pic. 

• henry19162 1

Nail looks really bad

So it started when I felt my thumbnail the white part I pressed it down and it was hollow when I pressed on it . I then started to pick at it and. Ow it looks really bad. I need to know what's the problem to I can try and cure it .

• natalie62242 1
  • Ryanc5413 1

Odd toenail growth since birth

Hello everyone, I have had strange tail nail growth on 2 toes per foot since birth. I am 30 now and they haven't changed. The new nail groans under the old one and the old one falls off or I cut it off. There is never a end that you cut on these nails. They grow in a bubble shape. I do not know if

5 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • abhishekr700 2

Cannot decide anything in this

I have had this ingrown toenail for about a month now. I am very depressed by this, also my skin has grown a little above the nail, please suggest me something. Help me please

9 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • h02399 1
  • Happyhacker 3

Black toenail around root of nail.

i have just noticed this. It is on the 2nd toe and covers about 20% of the nail up from the root. I did have a fungal in the big toe some time back but cleared after treatment. any advice appreciated. Thanks.

• minenhle 1
  • karin102 1

Toenail Issue - Keeps Returning

I have this issue with the big toe on my left foot.  It started a couple of years ago and keeps returning once nail almost grown back. I have been to the podiatrist three times and he has taken a culture and examined it and nothing was found.  I don't have diabetes, immune system issues, wear open

• vickya 2

Horizonal ridges in fingernails

Hi Over the past couple of weeks I have noticed horizontal ridges about 2/3rds of the way down my finger nail beds. I have never noticed these before. I have always had a bit of an odd thumb which has horizontal lines all the way down, but never on any other fingers.  Has anyone else developed

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Mixedfix 1

I've had blood tests and all ok but there must be a reason for it.

Hi & thank you for taking the time to read this. I'm 32 years old. My nails changed (it seemed very quickly) to hard and rigged. Every nail has turned now. I had a full blood count from the doctors and my blood is normal. I have to say it has stressed me out massively. I don't drink alcohol

• Em1215 1
  • debbie1944 2

Black line for over 12 month

Hi needing some advice I noticed a black line in my nail didn't think much of it but noticed it all the time it's been there for 12 month or more but from yesterday my nail became really painful I have Googled this an some stuff that came up is scary. Think it needs checking but I feel pretty silly

• luke49980 1

My nail is slightly thicker and white

Grows very slow, right foot- next to little toe. Used to have bad conditioned feet but after care they are fixed. Apart from that one toe that grows slow and is all white and thick. Picture: Please help. Thanks.

• zoo12313 2
  • 101dalmation 2

yellow nail syndrome

I am 46 years of age, and for the past 2 years have been asking my doctors what was wrong with my nails (fingers and toes) but getting no answer, till finally i was refered to a dermatolagist at hospital, who diagnosed it as YELLOW NAIL SYNDROME which is a rare desease, and only 100 other cases

128 replies 2 votes Last reply
Back to top Next

Forums Terms & Conditions