Skip to content

Nail Disorders

Also known as Fungal Nail Infection, Ingrown Toenail, Paronychia

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Seriously worried this is Terry Nails (toes only)

So, following up on another thread, i was told recently that i had a fatty liver (and enlarged spleen), so i have now become terrified of having cirrhosis (especially since i am waiting on the orders for a follow up blood test). In reading about the symptoms, i ran across Terry nails, which made me look...

Last reply
  • Nail Fungus - at the end of my tether

I've had nail fungus since 2013. It started on my big toe and was minor with a change in the texture of the nail and white discolouration. I went to the docs to get it checked out and they took nail scrapings. The test for nail fungus was negative. The nail fungus then spread to a second toenail,...

Last reply
  • Fingernail Fungus

I have fingernail fungus and I know it can't really be cured but I am worried about it spreading to other nails etc. The only information I can seem to find is for toe nail fungus. Does anyone have any suggestions re preventative treatment for other nails. Thanks

Last reply
  • My nail polish turns purple-ish black within a few days.

My nails seem fine (normal color) when I remove my flesh-tone semi-sheer polish. However, within a few days of applying fresh polish, it begins to turn grey/gray ish, purple-ish Black.  I’ve used many different polish removers (acetone, acetone-free and various brands), and my natural nail color...

Posted
  • Nail biting

Im 17 years old and i have a serious nail biting problem.. in both hands the thumb and the index finger have themselves and their cuticles bitten that they have started to grow abnormally and really ugly.. should i visit a doctor or just stop biting and wait.. Any advice would be highly appreciated.....

Posted
  • Could this be Terry's Nails?

Just noticed that most of my toenails have some whiteness followed by a small red line at the top. I'm a 20 year old male, to my knowlegde I don't suffer from cirrhosis, liver failure, diabetes, CHF, or hyperthyroidism. I have had relatively recent bloodwork and everything came back okay, and...

Last reply
  • Onycholysis Any treatment ideas?

I have had a toe nail coming away from my skin for about 10 years, I thought it would grow away but hasn't. It is getting closer to my nail bed and is starting to come away from the side of the bed. Help! Any ideas?

Last reply
  • MGJ MGJ

Tiny brown spots

Hi! I will include a picture as well, but I am confused and googling hasn't been helping much. I have these tiny brown spots on my fingernails on my cuticles. It's on both hands and seemingly getting worse as time goes on. Friends have said I could be lacking B12, which has been a problem in...

Last reply
  • White vertical line on big toe nail

I wonder if anyone can shed any light on this. I have a white line, around 0.5mm wide running straight down my big toe nail. I can't remember how long I have had this. I've been to doc who are waiting for lab tests to see if its fungal related - the first tests have come back abnormal and are...

Last reply
  • Nail problem. Not growing. Mucus.

Hi, My sister has been having issues with one of her nails for a couple of months. She has been to GP, dermatologist, cosmetologist, surgeon and podologist. Initial assumption was it could be paronychia but it was denied. The nail stopped growing but it still collects mucus and causes pain and discomfort....

Last reply
  • Ingrown toenail removal left my nails looking terrible

When I was a child, I had two ingrown toenails removed (one from each big toe). I believe the edges of the nail bed were removed because the nail on each big toe is not full and has never been since the surgery 20 year ago. This leaves me feeling self concious about my feet. Has anyone else experienced...

Last reply
  • New Nail Art 2018

Hello everybody ! This is video compilation about nail designs on instagram include nail trends ! Hope you like it . Thanks for watching  Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private...

Posted
  • Nail discoloration and ridges

I've been trying to figure out why my nails look like.  They are discolored near where the nail turns white near the tip. I feel like its Terry's nails, but the military doctors I've talked to don't know much. If anyone has any idea please let me know.  My sister was recently...

Posted
  • 2 year old skin around nail has died and looks sore

Hi, my 2 year old had a nail infection 3 months ago where he lost two fingers nails and had a puss filled absess. He took antibiotics but reacted badly to them which meant he didn't finish the course but the infection did clear up. However I cut his nails two days ago and the two fingers that were...

Posted
  • H11 H11

Nail fungus?

I have a discoloration on my pinky nail. It's yellowish and white from the middle up but red at the nail bed. I've used fungi nail but it doesn't help. I'm concerned about the redness.

Last reply
  • Nail discolouration

Over 2 months ago now my big toe nail started changing colour, my doctor said it was bruised but it's changed I think, I think it's got darker but it doesn't hurt I'm scared stiff please let me know what you think!!

Last reply
  • Looking for people in the uk with yellow nail syndrome

Hi im a 56 year old female in the UK - just been diagnosed with yellow nail syndrome. My nails are yellow, thick, tender, and some are lifting. I have 1 nail completely off. I have had numerous chest infections over the past year and even a sinus operation as that's what they thought it was!! I'm...

Last reply
  • finger clubbing

I have clubbed fingers and toes. I have had the following test which were inconclusive; blood tests, chest x-ray, heart ultra-sound and lung function test. I cannot remember when my fingers became like they are or if they were like that since a young age. I have asthma since a young age, and no other...

Last reply
  • Black under both big toenails

I noticed two blackish purple spots under the toenails on both my big toes, over the past couple of days they have gotten bigger. I don’t remember injuring my feet, my toes just tingle a bit. Should I get them checked out or am I just worrying about nothing?

Last reply
  • Help regarding toenails!

I have recently observed this brownish spot on my toenail, I searched google for that and read about ALM n now m worried , please see this picture and tell me is it a fungal infection or something else?

Posted
  • Nail concern

Hello ladies and gents.. I’m concerned of my big toe nail. I have a spot on it and I haven’t injured it or anything recently and I want your opinion on what it is? It’s brown-yellowish with what looks like red capillaries 

Last reply
  • I've had a tough time for a few weeks

I need help, at the tip of each of my nails I have horizontal white like at the tip of each nail, I've tried to research what it could be but I don't have anything that looks like my nails, am confused

Last reply
  • Strange spot on toenail

Hi all ive developed a brownish patch under my right big toenail in the last 3 weeks had thick nail for years but this has come from nowhere going to get it looked at it has white round the border and is halfway up my nail.

Last reply
  • What is wrong with my toenail? Is it fungal?

I noticed my toenail was like this perhaps a year and a half ago after being on holiday. I had asked someone and they thought I had damaged it. I don't recall damaging it so it's all a bit strange. None of my other nails are like this. Now it's turned a not very attractive looking yellowy...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.