Nail abnormality, 5 years, doctors don’t know what it is!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi there,

After no event / injury the top layer of my nail slowly stopped growing on the right side of my right hand pinky finger. I have been to the doctor, showed multiple medics and no one knows what it is, the cause nor treatment. The growth at nail bed is soft and malleable and tender under pressure but not painful in general.

would greatly appreciate any ideas!

emmaimageimageimage

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

It looks like some sort of damage to the nailbed. Do you have manicures that push back the cuticles very hard? That could be the cause

Alternatively, have you had it x rayed? It could be some sort of metal or wood or glass splinter in there which you didnt notice at the time, but is still in there.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.