Becoming antisocial and shutting people out of my life

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm being more personal with my life to my friends. I stopped talking to a lot of my friends and started to shut them out. They would invite me to go places but I wouldn't be in the mood and would always be sad or down. I've broke so many snapchat streaks. I'm becoming antisocial because I'm done faking smiles and forcing myself into conversations that I don't want to be apart of.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Have you consulted a doctor about this? It should be your first step.
    • Posted

no, I'm being more personal like no one irl that I talk to knows

• Posted

I can sympathise, i am just like that and have been diagnksed depression and anxiety.  I think you would be able to get help from a dr.  Its worth making an appointment.  Do let us know how you get on, this is a very supportive site.
    • Posted

yeah! thanks! this is a very supportive site and I agree and everyone is so kind and makes me feel so much better.
  • Posted

I understand what you are saying.

Please make an appointment ASAP to see your Doctor, I believe you are struggling with depression.

Depression is a chemical imbalance within the brain. It is an illness that you did not choose. There is help.

Don't delay as it will not go away on its own.

Best wishes , you are not alone..............

• Posted

Thank you, I don't think my doctor would understand. it would be very awkward and I wouldn't know how to explain it to them

• Posted

If you don't think your doctor would understand you have the option of going to the hospital. This illness is far more common than you can imagine. Both doctors and nurses are trained to help in it's treatment. They will not judge or ridicule a patient who presents themselves to ask for help.

Asking for help IS the hardest part ,the rest is easier.

Medication is the first step in treating your illness. It does take up to six weeks for the effects of the medication to be felt.

Counselling is the next important step in treating your illness.

I am not a medical professional. These words are from my personal experience.

Please don't give up 

Wishing you the very best.

• Posted

Hey there!

Your symptoms seem to be an indication towards depression as it also involves not feeling like being around people no matter how much extraverted you are. But there is no need to worry. You will be okay, just hang in there. I recently got to know about eWellness Expert, wherein there are counsellors experienced in such fields and the services are affordable as well. Hope this helps. Take care smile

• Posted

thanks for caring smile I don't even know myself anymore. It's like I want to explore and be adventurous but at the same time I want to be alone

• Posted

Hey,

There are times when we need our time alone, when we do not want to be around other people and where we need some time with ourselves only. It's completely alright if you do not want to post things regularly on social media or hate seeing people posting fake smiles here and there. It often happens when people come to realize the futility of such platforms. It's also okay if at times you don't  go out with your friends.

However more important than such behaviors is to figure out a reason behind such actions. Why is it so that you have started cutting yourself off from other people. Is it just a temporary thing or that it has become your way of living. If the case is latter ten appropriate steps must be taken from letting the conditions aggravate. You cannot and should not cut yourself off from your social circles.

Seek professional help if such situation persists. Try to keep yourself happy. reach out and speak to people you trust, your friends and your family members for support.

Take Care.

Good Luck!!

• Posted

I honestly don't know why I'm cutting people out. I always feel like I'm not living life to the fullest and that I was to explore but alone. its like I want to do something or want to say/ do something but then I'm reminded that it wouldnt happen and then I end up not doing it.

• Posted

I am doing the same as you.  They tell,me it is depression but the meds havent helped.  I am trying so hard to get out a bit but hate meeting anyone, cant face going for a coffee or shopping.  What is it thats wrong when this happens? I wish someone coukd explain.  It is so different to my old self.  I just need the right help. The drs just throw anti deps out and they make me worse.  There must be something to aid this feeling of hopelessness.has anyone had it and gotmbetter?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.