Bedranol vs beta-prograine

Posted , 2 users are following.

Anyone who was previously in Half Inderal LA 80mg????

Have any of you found Bedranol or Beta-prograine to be as smooth and effective as Inderal???

By that I mean do either of these give a nice steady smooth dose throughout the 24hrs like Inderal did????

I'd be grateful of any replies as to which works the best. Without dumping a lot to start with into the system, then running out before the 24hrs is up.

T.I.A

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rosemary just noticed your post. I was taking Half Inderal then Bedranol when Inderal was with drawn. Come to think of it I don't think Bedranol maybe has the same effect as Inderal did but I wasn't really aware of it!!  The reason I came on looking at Proranalol was that I've just been prescribed propranalol 40mg to try to get off the Slow release tabs but I'm not getting on with them at all. Took one yesterday but felt dizzy and just not right so took a Bedranol today and will take a 40mg Propranalol tomorrow and see how I go. I'll. Alternate them for a week. Sorry can't help you out with Beta prograine haven't heard of them. Hope things have sorted themselves out now 

Anne

• Posted

Hi Anne

Oh gosh I tried just 20mg of fast acting propranolol and boy, it nearly knocked me off my feet about an hour after I took it.

I came over all weak in my legs, and really dizzy. Had terrible tiredness sweep over me for about two hours. Got palpitations, heart raced. It waz awful.

Tried bedranol sr. But settled with Beta-prograne. The beta-prograne doesn't last the full 24hrs like Inderal did. But it's better than Bedranol.

If you get another prescription of the slow release propranolol, ask the chemist for Beta-prograne.

Let me know how you get on either way.

Rose

• Posted

Just googled Beta prograne I see you get half beta prograne which is 80mg. Is that what you take as my bedranol was 80mg same as half Inderal. I've been told I can take these 40mg tabs 3 X a day.......don't think so. That's why I only took 1 yesterday I was too scared to take any more!! GP has changed my repeat prescription to these 40mg tabs so I don't know what to do. I should maybe go back and say I don't like them and try to get the  prograne BUT Im supposed to be trying to wean myself of beta blockers!  Oh goodness knows Rose!! rolleyes
    • Posted

Hi again Anne.

Yes mine are half Beta-prograne 80mg.

Why are you trying to wean off them if you don't mind me asking????

You could ask your Dr for 10mg fast acting propranolol. When they stopped making Inderal my Dr tried to reduce my dosing too but had awful withdrawal symptoms so that's why he put me on the half beta prograne. He knows they're not as good as Inderal but superior to bedranol.

Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.