Skip to content

Propranolol

New discussion Join group Also known as Beta-blocker - Propranolol

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • jackie63305 2

Propranolol

Hi i been told that i cant have grapefruit cause im takin propranolol i got a purfume that has some grapefruit in i asked a pharmacist he told me that i shouldnt use it i asked the people who make it it called babe power they say it might have a trace of grapefruit bt it should be ok wot would u do

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • nancyj1979 2

Low heart rate with propranolol

Hi, my doctor prescribed 10mg propranolol twice a day. My heart rate went down to 48. My resting heart rate is between 58 and 65 without propranolol. Has anyone else experienced this?

28 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Keira8488 2

Hell needed please_!!!

Hi I've been suffering with very bad one sided headache since March so nearly 4 months everyday feeling light headed and fuzzy headed all day everyday. Now I've been on propanalol for 17 days today and I can finally say I'm headache and light headed free 👏😄 yesss.. ...... But I keep getting heart...

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • b1001 2

Propranolol - from devestating anxiety to calm in 1 day

Hi, I am a 36 year old professional male and for the past 3 months I've been suffering with anxiety attacks. I thought the anxiety feelings of panic was actually brought on by low blood sugar but my blood tests came back fine and at that point I realised my issues were linked to anxiety. I am usually...

180 replies 32 votes Last reply
  • lst863 2

Hyperthyroidism (Graves')

I'm new with hyperthyroid (graves). I have been having a lot of symptoms, lost weight, tired, palpitation, nervous, etc. I will be taking Propranolol and Methimazole. I'm little scared of their side effect. I ask you how you take them? Do you take Methimazole in the morning (once a day) and propranolol...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Rushabout 1

Propranolol and hyperthyroidism

Hi I have been diagnosed with an overactive thyroid, for which I am now taking Carbimozole (20mg a day) and Propranolol (40mg twice a day). I have asked my doctor if I may reduce my Propranolol intake as, although it seems to have reduced palpitations (due to the thyroid, not stress), it has also made...

7 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • gabriela45303 1

How should I stop propranolol

I've been taking propranolol 10ml so since 2 weeks now and I don't like the side effects...few days ago I had to be rushed to A&E as my blood pressure was high and my body so weak and feeling so dizzy... I want to stop them but really don't know how...My GP gave them to me for my palpitations witch I...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • k.roach87 2

Propranolol

I have been taking propranolol 40mg one a day for over 4 months now. I recently been diagnosed with gallstones but mt breathing has changed in get breathless going upstairs and when I stand it like i cant breath through my stomach. I know that propranolol can make asthma worse I have a little asthma...

• snowycat 2

newbie on propranolol

Hi there Started taking 1 x 40mg per day 4 days ago to help me with recent stress and anxiety. Work is the cause and now I'm away on holiday, which should help! The Dr gave Me them as I have been very shaky and whilst at work they were fantastic and made a difference. Now i don't recall getting these...

• Mills37880 1

Propranolol and Flying Anxiety

Hi, I have a huge fear of flying but this weekend I have to go on a very long flight for work (an 11 hour flight followed by a 4 hour flight). In the past I have tried hypnotherapy which didn't work and diazepam which had literally no effect. I have now been prescribed propranolol along with a sleeping...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Kermodesmum 2

Propranolol and weight gain

Hi I have been taking this drug for over 6 months now. 40mg twice a day The cluster headaches that have plagued my life are now down to a bare minimum.....(not totally gone away) and manageable. HOWEVER! I have gained about 1.5 stone in weight, particularly round my middle. This is highly unusual for...

77 replies 2 votes Last reply
  • erin41253 2

Anxiety and Propranolol

I've been prescribed some Propranolol by my doctor, it says to take 1 twice a day but I feel a littl weird taking one twice a day. Is it okay? I know my doctor told me to but It says not to take it if my heart rate is slow, I'm assuming that means if I've been lazing about and it is really slow, I'm...

18 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • ann88524 1

Social anxiety and panic attacks with shaky hands

I have been leading a normal life..when i was presenting something infront of my classmates my hands began to shake..i started sweating..shaky voice...i felt like iam going to fall..i felt so embarrassed..i consulted a psychiatrist he suggested 20mg propranolol 2hrs before presentation and 0.25mg clonazepam...

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • MediumNeil 3

Propranolol - For anxiety - Wean off?

Hi - i have a question - i'm currently taking 40mg propranolol 3 times a day for anxiety and it has helped - but i think it is causing me insomnia (although it could be the citalopram)  Anyway - my question is - what is the best way to taper off the Beta blocker please? I am going to try 40mg in the...

• claire36881 1

Coming off Propranolol sweating profusely

I have been taking propranolol 80mg a day for The last 5 years. Finally coming off them so reduced to 40mg and now 10mg per day. I am getting a side effect of sweating profusely from everywhere all the time even if it is cold. Does anyone else get this side effect or know how long it takes to settle...

• sara131313 1

panic attacks

Ive had panic attacks for a year and half now i take 40mg x3 propanalol and 10mg x2 citalopram a day. Which has touch wood seemed to cease my attacks now for 4 months. 1st 1 was bad an hour and 10 mins of thinking i was dying plus i have 2 set of twins who were following me round watching it all.! However...

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • liz61542 2

Withdrawal from propranolol

Can anyone advise why some drs say it's possible to come off ppl easily just by stopping and people on the forum say mainly the opposite? I am totally confused by this medication. I started it approx 12 weeks ago and suffered side effects almost immediately. After about 8 weeks of trying to give them...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • susiebelle43 2

Losing weight on Propranolol

I've just gone back on this drug for the second time. The first time I took it for about a year and put on quite a bit of weight, which I struggled to lose until I came back off it. The second time round I have started taking it while following to lose the weight. The first week was fine and I still...

• kaye83979 3

What to expect when withdrawing

ive been on this med for many years and I have only just realised this is stopping me from losing weight! So for a few weeks I've been decreasing my dose and today will be the third day without any, and I feel like all my energy has disappeared (I  didn't have much to begin with) it's an effect to move...

5 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • mary rose49362 1

I've been on this medicine for 2mos

I've been on this medicine for 2mos. And it's been 1mos that I'm taking this medicine. 10mg twice a day; with some hyperthyroid medicine coz my t4 was high. I've experienced itchy dizziness but they went away. But last night I've woke up with shortness of my breath; I drink up water and fell asleep again....

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • liz61542 2

Propranolol. Depression and crying

Hi I've been taking propranolol for about three months for anxiety following an accident. I've had a lot of side effects including insomnia and am now weaning off. I have cut down from 80mg per day to 60 mg over last two weeks. Thing is after I take my first morning dose about an hour later I get a tightening...

• merv55842 2

Propranolol - Day 2 side effects

I have been suffering from anxiety for a while and after a bad night with chest pains went to see my GP on Tuesday.  I had an examination and ECG and all was clear and  fine.  I think this was a panic attack and I asked my GP to prescribe Propranolol.  I had tried the drug a while ago but I think I was...

• Addie68 2

Propranolol for palpitations, blood pressure and anxiety

I've been prescribed 10 mgs of Propranolol to be taken up to 3 times a day. Have had the onset of  ectopic beats and flutterings since Nov 2016, due to a very stressful few months. Suffered them from time to time over the years, but they normally go away after awhile. However this time they've hung around...

4 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Weidjffmdjdm 2
  • neeka05989 2

proranolol to blame ?

I have been taking propranolol for 5 years for migraines im 29 i take 80 mg modified realease ...... Lately i have been feeling like im dragging my body around... And having a bit of dissacociation i got told this was anxiety but i dont actually feel anxious when i feel like that. I also have a very...

• karen06809 1

New to Propranolol

I have been taking Ramipril 5mg for around 9 months now for high BP.  This is now around 128/80 now as opposed to the 170/105 it tended to be before medication.  I have just been prescribed Propranolol 80mg slow release as I have been suffering with anxiety for a good couple of months now.  I have got...

• G111 1

Propranolol and migraine

Just to say how well this drug has worked for me, I have been on it for about 6 months now. I spent years resisting taking a preventative migraine drug, maintaining that I only needed to take my Sumatriptan when I had a migraine. But the frequency of the migraines increased, even though I had given...

86 replies 3 votes Last reply
  • amy-lee96782 2

Anxiety, yes or no?

Hi im Amy, 23. I recently have been suffering with symptoms which i am not sure are 100% related to anxiety. I find myself short of breath, really nervous and scared of going to sleep. I often twitch whilst drifting off, my legs and hands mainly. It has gotten to the point where i feel i have to have...

6 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Steem66 2

Propanolol

Read a discussion earlier which initially was over a year old about propanolol, is the discussion still on going? If so have a few bits to add, concerns mainly over long term use if I did decide to take them on a regular basis and whether there is a danger of masking a more serious complaint?? Any input...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • doris97260 2

Dotty

a year ago my GP stopped my bendruflamethiazide  I had been taking for seven yrs (no problem) the reason was suspected kidney problems.well tests proved my kidneys were fine. However she left me for 4 days without medication and my blood pressure rocketed hence a visit to a@ e. Since then I have had...

• stormiweathers 2

Propranolol and weight gain

Talk to your doctor about trying topiramate and weeding you off of propranolol. I lost 12 lbs the first three weeks but the side affects were to much for me so I'm back on propranolol. I take it for familal tremors. My other alternative is barbiturates, I'm reading about them now.

1 reply 1 vote Last reply
  • sapphire14 3

Propranolol has seriously saved my life

Since being prescribed Propranolol 10mg about a year ago, I have been able to live with my anxiety and get through situations that usually cause me severe anxiety and panic. This drug has been a miracle for me and I don't even need much for it to be effective. I take one 10mg tablet an hour before going...

0 replies 1 vote Posted
  • yvonne379 3

Do I need to wean off propranolol?

I was prescribed 40mg of propranolol, 2 times a day but I've only taken it when I need it instead of daily. A few hours after taking it I begin to feel exhausted, groggy and quite anxious. Is it something that I must take daily for it to work and my body adjust to? And can I just stop taking it or must...

• FatAroundMid 1

Propranolol = weight gain and slow metabolism

Alright so I've been on propranolol for 6 months and gained weight rapidly!! Gained 50 pounds total. So I hit the gym excersised everyday and build a ton of muscle!! Big as a bodybuilder. But I have this fat around my mid section. I wanna compete in competition but I can't cuz of this fat on my stomach...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • than81249 2

inderal and panic attacks

I have been suffering with panic disorder and agoraphobia, I can't stannd being away from familiar places, away from hospitals or places where an exit is available. I am now in a dilemma about whether or not to go on a short trip with a boat, haven't been on one for years, since the idea that there is...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
Back to top Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.