Skip to content
Ad

Propranolol

Also known as Beta-blocker - Propranolol

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Hyperthyroidism (Graves')

I'm new with hyperthyroid (graves). I have been having a lot of symptoms, lost weight, tired, palpitation, nervous, etc. I will be taking Propranolol and Methimazole. I'm little scared of their side effect. I ask you how you take them? Do you take Methimazole in the morning (once a day) and propranolol...

Last reply
  • Propranalol for anxiety

Hi all. I've just been put on these for my Anxiety although I'm depressed also so I'm worried they will make that worse. People's positive experiences? Took my first one this morning 40mg a day, I'm feeling flat and tierd. Positivity please guys as I'm losing hope lately and being...

Last reply
  • Propranolol and migraine

Just to say how well this drug has worked for me, I have been on it for about 6 months now. I spent years resisting taking a preventative migraine drug, maintaining that I only needed to take my Sumatriptan when I had a migraine. But the frequency of the migraines increased, even though I had given...

Last reply
  • Propranolol and weight gain

Hi I have been taking this drug for over 6 months now. 40mg twice a day The cluster headaches that have plagued my life are now down to a bare minimum.....(not totally gone away) and manageable. HOWEVER! I have gained about 1.5 stone in weight, particularly round my middle. This is highly unusual for...

Last reply
  • Hell needed please_!!!

Hi I've been suffering with very bad one sided headache since March so nearly 4 months everyday feeling light headed and fuzzy headed all day everyday. Now I've been on propanalol for 17 days today and I can finally say I'm headache and light headed free 👏😄 yesss.. .........

Last reply
  • Propranolol - from devestating anxiety to calm in 1 day

Hi, I am a 36 year old professional male and for the past 3 months I've been suffering with anxiety attacks. I thought the anxiety feelings of panic was actually brought on by low blood sugar but my blood tests came back fine and at that point I realised my issues were linked to anxiety. I am usually...

Last reply
  • Propranolol

I have been percribed 40mg Propranolol as I told the doctor for years I have had a fear of something and now even indirectly confronting it brings on sweating, feeling faint and rapid heartbeat - this can also occur in other siutations i am now a very anxious person. However, when I went to confront...

Last reply
  • propranolol and menstrual cycle

I was on propranolol for over a year. After being on it for 2 mths at a high dose 120mg- I felt like something was changing. I went off the birth control pill- and low & behold- my period stopped! Completely- no slow taper- nothing! I was thrown quickly into a menopausal state and felt crazy!...

Last reply
  • New to Propranolol and feeling dreadful

Hi, I have only been taking Propranolol for a few days now and I am experiencing some of the side affects that others have mentioned i.e. cold hands and sweating (more often than normal), tension headaches but I actually feel worse in myself... Although the panic attacks have been controlled (possibly...

Last reply
  • Propranolol and hair loss

After just a couple  Of months with 25 mg per day, I experience a massive hair loss. Even diarrhoea, even if that might be caused by other things. When I started with medication, I read about the side effects including the hair loss. I was hoping it wouldn't affect me. I have a tendency to alopecia,...

Last reply
  • to wean or cold turkey quit Almodipine

I've been on Amlodipine for 3 months and have had bad side effect my GP didn't want to take me off. Side effects I've had were: swelling, heartburn, heart palpatations (so bad I went to the ER), flushing face, insominia, tingling left arm and leg. Since my GP didn't want to take me off...

Last reply
  • Propranolol 40mgs twice a day for General Anxiety disorder

Hi,  I think the problem with getting your first anxiety prescription is, you then get anxious if it is going to be the right one for you! Oh, how the mind plays games with us worry warts.  I have been an anxious person my whole life, I figured this was just my personality, over the years...

Last reply
  • Propranolol

I've been prescribed propranolol 80 mg for anxiety but I'm too scared to take them has anyone had any bad experience from them

Last reply
  • Propranolol for svt and anxious

Since one month I am taking Propranolol half of 20 mg in the morning, half at lunch and one 20 mg pill at night, my question is sometimes I felt that my heart stops in one second because I can't breath in that second is like very strange and scary,  did someone else felt the same as me? I am...

Last reply
  • Waste of time

I've been put of Propranolol a few times over the years as I suffer with panic attacks and anxiety.... they do abosolutely nothing and none of the side affects I have read about happened to me... I take 3 X 40mg Tablets a day currently, I personally think they are a 'placebo' ...

Last reply
  • How should I stop propranolol

I've been taking propranolol 10ml so since 2 weeks now and I don't like the side effects...few days ago I had to be rushed to A&E as my blood pressure was high and my body so weak and feeling so dizzy... I want to stop them but really don't know how...My GP gave them to me for my palpitations...

Last reply
  • Propanolo: different manufacturers

Hi guys, I've been on propanolo 40mg for a while combined with sertraline. I've recently noticed the box and size and shape of the tablets have changed. Now larger and white instead of the usual pink. i prefer the white I found the more effective. Both are the same mg.. today I took 2 pink...

Last reply
  • Told to stop 80mg sr.

I've been taking propranolol 80mg sr for anxiety for 3years. I've lost a lost a lot of weight recently due to other health reasons. I started to feel very lightheaded for the last month, so i bought a blood pressure machine and my pressure was very low. I spoke to a gp a couple of days ago (not...

Last reply
  • I've been on this medicine for 2mos

I've been on this medicine for 2mos. And it's been 1mos that I'm taking this medicine. 10mg twice a day; with some hyperthyroid medicine coz my t4 was high. I've experienced itchy dizziness but they went away. But last night I've woke up with shortness of my breath; I drink up water...

Last reply
  • Anxiety and Propranolol

I've been prescribed some Propranolol by my doctor, it says to take 1 twice a day but I feel a littl weird taking one twice a day. Is it okay? I know my doctor told me to but It says not to take it if my heart rate is slow, I'm assuming that means if I've been lazing about and it is really...

Last reply
  • Propranolol

Hi i been told that i cant have grapefruit cause im takin propranolol i got a purfume that has some grapefruit in i asked a pharmacist he told me that i shouldnt use it i asked the people who make it it called babe power they say it might have a trace of grapefruit bt it should be ok wot would u do

Posted
  • Low heart rate with propranolol

Hi, my doctor prescribed 10mg propranolol twice a day. My heart rate went down to 48. My resting heart rate is between 58 and 65 without propranolol. Has anyone else experienced this?

Last reply
  • Propranolol and hyperthyroidism

Hi I have been diagnosed with an overactive thyroid, for which I am now taking Carbimozole (20mg a day) and Propranolol (40mg twice a day). I have asked my doctor if I may reduce my Propranolol intake as, although it seems to have reduced palpitations (due to the thyroid, not stress), it has also made...

Last reply
  • Propranolol

I have been taking propranolol 40mg one a day for over 4 months now. I recently been diagnosed with gallstones but mt breathing has changed in get breathless going upstairs and when I stand it like i cant breath through my stomach. I know that propranolol can make asthma worse I have a little asthma...

Last reply
  • newbie on propranolol

Hi there Started taking 1 x 40mg per day 4 days ago to help me with recent stress and anxiety. Work is the cause and now I'm away on holiday, which should help! The Dr gave Me them as I have been very shaky and whilst at work they were fantastic and made a difference. Now i don't recall getting...

Last reply
  • Propranolol and Flying Anxiety

Hi, I have a huge fear of flying but this weekend I have to go on a very long flight for work (an 11 hour flight followed by a 4 hour flight). In the past I have tried hypnotherapy which didn't work and diazepam which had literally no effect. I have now been prescribed propranolol along with a sleeping...

Posted
  • Social anxiety and panic attacks with shaky hands

I have been leading a normal life..when i was presenting something infront of my classmates my hands began to shake..i started sweating..shaky voice...i felt like iam going to fall..i felt so embarrassed..i consulted a psychiatrist he suggested 20mg propranolol 2hrs before presentation and 0.25mg clonazepam...

Last reply
  • Propranolol - For anxiety - Wean off?

Hi - i have a question - i'm currently taking 40mg propranolol 3 times a day for anxiety and it has helped - but i think it is causing me insomnia (although it could be the citalopram)  Anyway - my question is - what is the best way to taper off the Beta blocker please? I am going to try 40mg...

Last reply
  • Coming off Propranolol sweating profusely

I have been taking propranolol 80mg a day for The last 5 years. Finally coming off them so reduced to 40mg and now 10mg per day. I am getting a side effect of sweating profusely from everywhere all the time even if it is cold. Does anyone else get this side effect or know how long it takes to settle...

Last reply
  • panic attacks

Ive had panic attacks for a year and half now i take 40mg x3 propanalol and 10mg x2 citalopram a day. Which has touch wood seemed to cease my attacks now for 4 months. 1st 1 was bad an hour and 10 mins of thinking i was dying plus i have 2 set of twins who were following me round watching it all.! However...

Last reply
  • Withdrawal from propranolol

Can anyone advise why some drs say it's possible to come off ppl easily just by stopping and people on the forum say mainly the opposite? I am totally confused by this medication. I started it approx 12 weeks ago and suffered side effects almost immediately. After about 8 weeks of trying to give...

Posted
  • Losing weight on Propranolol

I've just gone back on this drug for the second time. The first time I took it for about a year and put on quite a bit of weight, which I struggled to lose until I came back off it. The second time round I have started taking it while following to lose the weight. The first week was fine and I still...

Last reply
  • What to expect when withdrawing

ive been on this med for many years and I have only just realised this is stopping me from losing weight! So for a few weeks I've been decreasing my dose and today will be the third day without any, and I feel like all my energy has disappeared (I  didn't have much to begin with) it's...

Last reply
  • Propranolol. Depression and crying

Hi I've been taking propranolol for about three months for anxiety following an accident. I've had a lot of side effects including insomnia and am now weaning off. I have cut down from 80mg per day to 60 mg over last two weeks. Thing is after I take my first morning dose about an hour later I...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.