Skip to content

Propranolol

Also known as Beta-blocker - Propranolol

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Propanalol for anxiety - update

I started taking 4 x 10mg tablets a week ago today as suggested by my Doctor as I was in a really bad way with severe anxiety that had been building up over about 5 days. I felt that my body was literally going to shut down. Take tablets About 5 hours apart so that the last one is taken just before …

Posted
  • Propranolol and weight gain

Hi I have been taking this drug for over 6 months now. 40mg twice a day The cluster headaches that have plagued my life are now down to a bare minimum.....(not totally gone away) and manageable. HOWEVER! I have gained about 1.5 stone in weight, particularly round my middle. This is highly unusual …

Last reply
  • Finally withdrawing from Propranolol after 10+ years

I must have been taking this tablet for well over 10 years. I remember the horrendous side effects when withdrawing from Ativan and then Seroxat, and was assured by my then Doctor that Propranolol was easier to stop. I managed to get off Citalopram just before Christmas 2017, with a lot of side …

Last reply
  • Low heart rate with propranolol

Hi, my doctor prescribed 10mg propranolol twice a day. My heart rate went down to 48. My resting heart rate is between 58 and 65 without propranolol. Has anyone else experienced this?

Last reply
  • Extreme anxiety and Propanalol

I would like to say how comforting it has been to read the posts  about how people are affected by anxiety and the positive effects of taking Propanalol, enabling people to take back control of their emotions and, more importantly, their lives. I now feel totally vindicated in going to the GP …

Last reply
  • propranolol

hi been takeing propranolol 10mg twice a day for a week but my heart still races doc didnt look worried but been haveing lightheadedness for a few days doc tested blood pressure sitting and standing was not concerned,got to have blood test tmoz had ecg came back ok worrying now i have something …

Last reply
  • tiredness taking propranolol

does anyone else suffer from tiredness taking this med only on 10mg and started it a week ago also getting mild pains lower end of stomach and my bowel movements are 3x a day not loose normal but only had these pains since i had really bad anxiety attack i know anxiety messes with your gut but how …

Posted
  • worried about new med

hi all i'm on properanolol 10mg and was on diazapam 2mg but doctor has taken me off diazapam because its addictive and put me on an alternative called chlordiazepoxide 5mg is this safe to take with properanolol 

Posted
  • Propanolol plus Mirtazapine and Citalopram

Hi, I've been prescribed Propanolol for anxiety, 10mgs twice a day. I have been on this for just over a week now. Since the 7th day of taking, I felt exhausted to the point where it was an effort to walk and I had to go to bed. My psychiatrist has suggested cutting the dose in half and I am …

Last reply
  • propranolol and menstrual cycle

I was on propranolol for over a year. After being on it for 2 mths at a high dose 120mg- I felt like something was changing. I went off the birth control pill- and low & behold- my period stopped! Completely- no slow taper- nothing! I was thrown quickly into a menopausal state and felt crazy! …

Last reply
  • Success stories on propanalol for anxiety please

Hi I've just been put on 10mg of propanalol 3 times a day for anxiety after being unsuccessful on 4 different ssri due to bad side effects just started today on propanalol so looking for good happy results please as this has been so hard cheers folks

Last reply
  • Propranolol for SVT

Hi guys I’ve just been prescribed Propranolol 40mg once a day for my supravantricular tachycardia and I had been really hesistant to take beta blockers but now my SVT attacks are getting worse. But I’m really scared of taking them. First and foremost I’m scared of having an allergic reaction to …

Last reply
  • Beta blocker 1

(I already send this pist but i consult now a gasterologist so i increase post what outcome in this visit) I have heart problem. .my age is 37 and i m single. More than 200 ecgs 3 time echo one time Ct Angio has done in last 5 year. But in stress test or ETT i failed. I van run only 4 mile per …

Last reply
  • gym gym

Propranolol along with Xanax ?

Doing fine with 20mg x 2 (propranolol) daily. Been a rough year. Anxiety has become an issue. Has anyone had or have been prescribed low dose Xanax along with propranolol (Tremor)? I feel no need to go up in dosage concerning propranolol, due to low BP.

Posted
  • Help, Proparanlol 160mg slow release

Hi, this is the first time ive used any forums. I have been on 160mg slow release for anxiety for nearly 2 years now, and they work an absolute treat... No problem at all. I moved address and I had to move GP. When having the meeting the GP she insisted taking me off the specific slow release. Gave …

Posted
  • I forgot to take propanolol and my bp and heart rate rocketed

I've been taking 240mg propanolol for migraines, but ran out for about 3 days so didn't take my BP and heart rate whent sky high had to be admitted didn't realise untill I got back home from hospital doctors couldn't explain the cause does this mean I have a heart problem of sorts …

Last reply
  • Propranolol and hair loss

After just a couple  Of months with 25 mg per day, I experience a massive hair loss. Even diarrhoea, even if that might be caused by other things. When I started with medication, I read about the side effects including the hair loss. I was hoping it wouldn't affect me. I have a tendency to …

Last reply
  • Weight!!!!

Hi I’m on propranolol 40mg twice daily and it’s worked amazing along with ramapril and Citilopram. I’ve also had knee issues has stopped me exercising for months. Anyway knee now good and I want to try and get fit again a loose this weight (which is prob why I have the high blood pressure) however …

Posted
  • Propranolol and migraine

Just to say how well this drug has worked for me, I have been on it for about 6 months now. I spent years resisting taking a preventative migraine drug, maintaining that I only needed to take my Sumatriptan when I had a migraine. But the frequency of the migraines increased, even though I had …

Last reply
  • Propranolol for social anxiety

Does anyone take Propranolol for social anxiety? I'm starting a new job in 2 weeks after ten self-employment and I sometimes suffer with social anxiety attacks during meetings and interactions. I found lorazepam very good but appreciate I can't take these long term.

Last reply
  • Anxiety attack after 3 years on 40 mg a day of propanol

Hi I have been on propanol for 3 years and it instantly stopped my anxiety attacks. Racing heart etc however last night I experienced one and it has totally rocked my new found confidence. I have had a busy few weeks and had jet lag this week has this happened to anyone else who has used this …

Last reply
  • I take 5mg propranolol 4 days a week? Is it considered very low?

I only take 5mg propranolol when I am working which is 7 days a fortnight. I hate taking it but I need it, it helps a lot with my anxiety at work. Doing the math its 20mg per week roughly. Am I highly unlikely to experience the side effects that come with beta blockers like weight gain, …

Last reply
  • Should I increase my propranolol every day?

I take 10mg propranolol every day. My prescription is for up to 4 a day. I currently take one . I'd been struggling with extreme blushing and sweating again, despite all my work on my anxiety. Today I had a big court trial (lawyer) so I took an extra half tablet of 5mg. I could not blush at …

Last reply
  • Propranolol and Blood Pressure

Hi I’m panicking.  Prescribed propranolol 5 wks ago for anxiety and very high blood pressure. All has been great and my blood pressure has been on average around 128/78!!! I’ve also changed my lifestyle. However today totally out of the blue my BP has been 130-140/88-92 all day. The day has …

Last reply
  • Can I take 10mg Propranolol along with 80mg SR?

I was recently prescribed 3x10mg Propranolol daily, for anxiety. It helped a bit, but not enough, so instead the GP gave me 80mg SR, to take 1 daily. I’ve been taking them for 6 days now. However, I’m still slightly anxious - enough to be feeling like I might panic. Would it be ok to take one of …

Last reply
  • Is hair loss common taking propanalol?

I’ve been taking propanalol for 6 months now intermittently. I don’t take it on a daily basis but only in performance situations such as presentations. I recently lost my job and have been doing a bunch of interviews where I’ve been taking it more regularly. I suffer from insomnia when I take the …

Last reply
  • Piriton with propranolol

Hi Currently taking 40 mg of propranolol twice daily for blood pressure and anxiety. Am I ok to take piriton antihistamines alongside these please? These are my he only ones that work for my seasonal allergy. 

Posted
  • Propranolol for headaches

Hey all, Has anyone had success with propranolol for chronic migraine, tension type headaches? I would love to hear your stories. I have just been prescribed this for my ongoing headaches that I have had for the past 4 months. I was prescribed 10mgs twice a day and am suppose to go up to 20mgs …

Last reply
  • Nightmares and Halucinations

I have been getting vivid nightmares on this medication and a feeling of being touch and held before falling asleep and when waking. Also getting a weird pulse feeling every 10 seconds that i can hear in my ears. Im scared of sleep , I went to the 24 hours doctors and was given the treatment like …

Last reply
  • Shortness of breathe

Hi everyone Suffered from a panic attack couple Of weeks ago then was found to have very high blood pressure. Doc did ECG and everything was normal apart from right branch block in heart. Which I have been told they don’t treat and is in no way dangerous. I was also suffering from a shortage of …

Last reply
  • Taken an extra tab by mistake

I take 80mg once a day in the morning I took another one by mistake 12 hours after the first one should I be worried? I've been on these tabs for nearly 4 yrs.

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.