Skip to content

Propranolol

Also known as Beta-blocker - Propranolol

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Propanolol for Anxiety

Hi, I've been prescribed Propanolol for anxiety, 10mgs twice a day. I have been on this for just over a week now. Since the 7th day of taking, I felt exhausted to the point where it was an effort to walk and I had to go to bed. My psychiatrist has suggested cutting the dose in half and I am taking...

Last reply
  • Stopped propranalol after 2 weeks causing horrible withdrawal.

Hi I've been taking propranalol 40mg twice a day for 2 weeks. Seeing as it's such a short time frame I thought I'd be fine just quitting them due to them making me feel unwel and low in mood. Turns out I'm having really bad withdrawal symptoms I.e feeling shakey, jittery, vomiting, it's...

Last reply
  • Low heart rate with propranolol

Hi, my doctor prescribed 10mg propranolol twice a day. My heart rate went down to 48. My resting heart rate is between 58 and 65 without propranolol. Has anyone else experienced this?

Last reply
  • Propranolol and weight gain

Hi I have been taking this drug for over 6 months now. 40mg twice a day The cluster headaches that have plagued my life are now down to a bare minimum.....(not totally gone away) and manageable. HOWEVER! I have gained about 1.5 stone in weight, particularly round my middle. This is highly unusual for...

Last reply
  • Help

Hi all I have been prescribed propranolol to help with anxiety 2 x 10mg a day I am suffering with health anxiety and I am a bit concerned about how it effects your pulse rate supposed to be taking my second dose soon but bit nervous to do so

Last reply
  • Propranolol - from devestating anxiety to calm in 1 day

Hi, I am a 36 year old professional male and for the past 3 months I've been suffering with anxiety attacks. I thought the anxiety feelings of panic was actually brought on by low blood sugar but my blood tests came back fine and at that point I realised my issues were linked to anxiety. I am usually...

Last reply
  • Propranolol. Depression and crying

Hi I've been taking propranolol for about three months for anxiety following an accident. I've had a lot of side effects including insomnia and am now weaning off. I have cut down from 80mg per day to 60 mg over last two weeks. Thing is after I take my first morning dose about an hour later I...

Last reply
  • Propanolol plus Mirtazapine and Citalopram

Hi, I've been prescribed Propanolol for anxiety, 10mgs twice a day. I have been on this for just over a week now. Since the 7th day of taking, I felt exhausted to the point where it was an effort to walk and I had to go to bed. My psychiatrist has suggested cutting the dose in half and I am taking...

Posted
  • Propranalol is this normal?

i have been on propranalol for heart arrhythmia for donkeys years however I had changed to 80mg slow release because original meds were not working as well. Long story short heart rhythms started to get worse so up to 80mg twice a day. Nothing changed so dr has now put me on Bisprolol 5mg and I’ve been...

Last reply
  • Propranolol affect thinking and memory?

I'm in a new job for last few months. I started taking 10mg every morning for extreme blushing. Working well. Except I'm making weird mistakes at work. Like, I've always been perfect in my roles pretty much. These mistakes are basic. Like numbering is wrong. Taking down people's names...

Last reply
  • Propranolol and ecg/24 hr monitor, should I stop?

Hi I was prescribed 40mg x 2 propranolol  last thursday for palps/anxiety/migraine prevention. I am due an ecg tomorrow but forgot to ask if I should not take the Propranolol as it may affect the results? My palps have greatly reduced with the first tablet I took so I am concerned they wont show...

Last reply
  • Propranolol and hair loss

After just a couple  Of months with 25 mg per day, I experience a massive hair loss. Even diarrhoea, even if that might be caused by other things. When I started with medication, I read about the side effects including the hair loss. I was hoping it wouldn't affect me. I have a tendency to alopecia,...

Last reply
  • Propanadol 80mgs

Hi iv been on 40mg immediate release twice a day they worked brillant but i ran out and i have to take 80mg slow release which dont seem to work as quick..how long dose it take to get into my system

Last reply
  • New to Propranolol and feeling dreadful

Hi, I have only been taking Propranolol for a few days now and I am experiencing some of the side affects that others have mentioned i.e. cold hands and sweating (more often than normal), tension headaches but I actually feel worse in myself... Although the panic attacks have been controlled (possibly...

Last reply
  • Difficulty taking propranolol

Hi all I was prescribed beta blockers to help with mild anxiety/palpitations and told to take them once a day (twice if there's no difference). The only issue is, I am struggling with swallowing them. I'm a young teenager and am not new to taking tablets. The propranolol tablets are tiny and...

Last reply
  • Propanolol-beta blocker withdrawal?

I take 80 mg twice a day for migraines. I have an immense headache, my brain is foggy, I am getting chills. I missed a couple doses of pills I was wondering if those symptoms could be withdrawal from propranolol.

Posted
  • Propranolol and Alcohol?

I've been on 10mg of Propranolol three times a day for about a week now. I was wondering if I'm able to drink alcohol on these? I've heard it makes the side-effects more apparent, but I've not really had any side effects. I'm taking them for my chronic headaches and also for it to...

Last reply
  • Migraine and Propanolol

I have been a chronic migraine sufferer since the age of about 20years. I am now 51 years old. I wanted to share my experience in the hope that it might help others. My life has been blighted with headaches and migraine and I have often said it has been my cross to bare. In a month, I have nearly always...

Last reply
  • Anxiety and Propranolol

I've been prescribed some Propranolol by my doctor, it says to take 1 twice a day but I feel a littl weird taking one twice a day. Is it okay? I know my doctor told me to but It says not to take it if my heart rate is slow, I'm assuming that means if I've been lazing about and it is really...

Last reply
  • Propranolol and muscle twitching

Hi there I have been prescribed propranolol 40mg up to 3 x daily and I’ve been taking the medication nearly a month for anxiety. I’ve started to get worse muscle twitching mainly in my legs and side of my thigh. It’s really worrying me is it a side effect of the drug? I’ve been getting muscle twitches...

Last reply
  • Propranolol and migraine

Just to say how well this drug has worked for me, I have been on it for about 6 months now. I spent years resisting taking a preventative migraine drug, maintaining that I only needed to take my Sumatriptan when I had a migraine. But the frequency of the migraines increased, even though I had given...

Last reply
  • Hey

I have been on propanolol 40mg. Once a day because of anxiety ..at first I used to go out and walk and work out a lot but I can’t any more because any time I made up my mind to go out and work out my mind keep telling me I go I will collapse or faint at times my keep tricking me and keep thinking that...

Last reply
  • Shortness of breath/tight chest with propranolol

I’ve been taking propranolol 40mg as required for about 10 months now but have just been put on it daily. I’ve noticed i have shortness of breath and a tight chest (especially at night), and everywhere I’ve looked online is saying if this happens to stop taking it. Has anyone else had this problem??...

Last reply
  • Hello

I've been taking propanolol for a year or so 20mg's 2x a day and sometimes I can feel my heart beat every so often and its freaking me out right now. I'm trying to hold it together caise I'm at work.

Posted
  • Propranolol and some aggravating side effects!

Hiya I’ve been on propranolol 40mg now for about a week, which isn’t very long, however I’m fearful of the future on these tablets if these side effects don’t stop soon. I’ve been put on them for migraine associated vertigo, originally they wanted me on amitriptyline however I requested not to be put...

Last reply
  • Propranolol for Flying and Mild Asthma

I am new to asthma. This is only my second time having a flare up. The doctor has just put me on Asmanex HFA 110mcg for a few weeks to see if it helps. Im flying next Friday and am nervous I'll be short of breath on the plane..I know anxiety goes hand in hand with asthma symptoms. I have used 10mg...

Posted
  • Taking propranolol and gaining weight

Propranolol for tremors and works great. Seem I only need a 10mg small amount once a day at bedtime. But... the sugar hunger is out of control for me. I have gained 5 pounds with this first script. My thought and question, if doctors can give a medication that causes this weight problem isn't...

Last reply
  • Weight Gain with Propanolol?

I was recently prescribed 40 mg of Propanolol for high blood pressure and anxiety. It worked well, but it also gave me a few unpleasant side effects. One of them being I gained almost 12 pounds in three months. I didn't change my eating habits, and I generally eat healthy. Has anyone else experienced...

Posted
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.