Propranolol and ibs?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello,

I have had off and on ibs like symptoms for a couple years now. I went into Afib back in june and they put me on propranolol 10 mg twice a day. in september my ibs symtpoms ramped up really bad, the worst being bloating and gas trapped in my upper stomach that landed me in the er and eventually i got checked out. all tests normal so they believe i have ibs c. i have severe anxiety as well, and the propranolol has changed my life with that, helping my anxiety over 60 percent. just wondering if it is a culprit towards my worsening ibs symptoms? i would hate to have to stop taking the propanolol when it has greatly improved my life on an anxiety scale. thanks for reading!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.