Propanolol withdrawals

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone

I know this has been posted many times but looking for some recent recovery stories from this horrid horrid drug !

I was prescribed 80mg slow release tablets 2x a day for palpitations ? anxiety but wasn't overly keen on taking them.as it says not to if bp low mine was at 96/65 rang gp said unsure about it was told its a really good drug and to take just 1 80mg tablet until its in system. fast forward 3 days and was still feeling the same symptoms nothing much improved apart from the fast heart rate, got a phone all from pharmacy to check in on how it was going told them as above got a telling off saying I need to take them as prescribed and to take the 2 80mg a day me being me i stupidly took the 2 doses so 180mg for 3 days and on day 4 I took just 1 80mg and my god what a hell, not 1 hour of sleep, stomach and chest in knots, constantly crying, extreme anxiety, short of breath and unable to eat. I decided on Friday to stop them cold turkey as I couldn't carry on as I was.

I'm now day 4 and I'm living in hell ive not slept since Tuesday last week not eaten in 4 days, anxiety is crippling me, heart rate is fast, pains in chest.

Has anyone been through this and come out the other side back to themselves before taking this horrid drug ? if so can you please tell me how you coped and how long it will last before I see so improvements in my self.

Thank you

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.