Propanalol and terrible heart palpitations

Posted , 2 users are following.

Has anyone had full on side effect's on propanalol. I had no idea this medication was causing my terrifying runs of heart palpitations that would go on for hour's along with what feels like tachycardia. Feels like a fluttering in the chest and when it goes away which could be anywhere for 5 minute's to 12 hour's later i feel a bit flushed and my cheeks are red. ?? I took this medication for anxiety but now feel trapped because if i stop taking it i get crazy tachycardia and much of the same symptoms...i feel trapped on it because either way now i get these seemingly life threatening symptoms. I have been to the emergency rooms about 7 times with no diagnosis yet, have been seeing a cardiologist who is also trying to figure out what's happening... CT angiogram revealed some mild plaque in my LAD artery and the Holter monitor picked up 4 ventricular ectopic beats which he is not worried about....needing answers....if this is the propanalol how long do i need to endure before I'm back to normal?? Unless its one huge coincidence and i have somehow caught an arrhythmia somehow......

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi are you still taking the propanonol or have you stopped

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.