Beeb taking Bisoprol for 4 months and never felt so ill

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had an allergic reaction last August to Volterol and it caused my heart to beat extremely fast. After a consultation with a cardiologists l was prescribed Bisoprol 1.25mg. Since then l have felt unwell every day due to my nose feeling as though the membranes are swollen, and my breathing feels tight.l am also very down and uninterested in everything, which is completely alien to my usual nature. My husband says l no longer sing around the house! Has anyone else had this experience and if so how did they deal with it? I am so fed up with myself and would welcome any replies and solutions please.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi.

I had bisoprolol 1.25mg and the side effects of sickness is awful i know how you feel! How long have you taken it for? Your symptoms of stuffy nose and nausea are common and not serious side effects and also depression feelings are common too! So it sounds like you're having side effects but it should clear up after a few days or weeks if not consult your doctor.

Best wishes

• Posted

Hi

Thank you for your reply.

I have actually no feelings of sickness just a heavy breathing problem with a blocked nose that is not pleasant on a 24 hour basis.

And as l have used this drug for 4 months l feel sure l should be over the initial panning in process by now.

I see my GP on Friday so will try again to see if there is an alternative l can use instead.

Best wishes

Christine

• Posted

Hi Christine,

Sorry to hear how you are feeling. Both my wife and I have some time ago been on Bisoprol it effected her very badly, in consultation with her Cardioligist we canged it to Atenolol 50mg which is fine and has had no effect on her at all. Like wise Bisopropol made me feel very ill, and once again with my GPs agreeance I also changed to Atenolol 100mg, again with no effects whatsoever.

I have only met one person on Bisopropl who is fine with it, every one else and I have spoken to many people who are all ill with it.

I would say It all depends what the illnesss is and what other drugs are being taken.

Good luck Ken.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. I see my GP on Friday so will ask about Atonol, anything is worth a try to eliminate these horrible side effects. Like you said there are a lpt of people taking this particular drug with bad results. Just wish I'd have known how awful l would feel before l started taking it.

I wish you and your wife well.

Best wishes,

Christine

• Posted

Oh sorry to hear. I'm 17 and on nadolol for arrythmia and so far its alright.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.