been a while

Posted , 2 users are following.

so it has been a while since I have been on here. Tonight has not been a great night. I all of a sudden have just woken up with a feeling lik I am litterliterally going to be sick. Which by the way is my worst fear. Which then spurs my anxiety. Ive been on sertraline 100mg for almost a year now and no side affects or anxiety spurs.

Im not worried or stressed. Before I went to bed I had a dodgy tummy so was on toilet for a little while and felt a bit cautious so before I nodded off to sleep I put relaxing music on and drifted off. 

What can I do to stop this sick feeling? And worry that I will be sick :-( 

I am having signs of anxiety attack im trembling and tight chest... but again this has been spured up because I felt physically sick and still do.

Bare in mind I have to be up for work in a couple hours :-(

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tanya sorry your feeling like this, you could try some camomile tea to calm yourself, as  for the sickness I'm not to sure as I get nervous sickness but no physical and I have to just get on with the day with my nervous sickness sad I'm up ready to go to work now as so relieved I managed to get up ok as I was panicking last night, if you feel sick you could take the day for yourself, what's the anxiety due to, work or the sickness? Our mind tends to make us feel there's more wrong than there actually is. 

I really hope you feel better x

• Posted

Thanks jenny. My anxiety is always popping up when I feel sick. Its a rather viscious circle . must buy some cammomile tea. im the same jenny i just try to get on with it. It eventually does go away because it gets the ump lol.

its just horrible x

• Posted

Yeah I know I get anxiety due to work and other events that go on, sickness is such a horrible part as makes you feel so much worse sad try some kalmex that can help sometimes, right I'm off for a long day sad fingers crossed I get through it ok and can update on achieving my day later, feels like an achievement with anxiety alway breathing down your kneck :s try and get some sleep. 
    • Posted

Hope you have a good day. Pm me later and let me know how you get on  

X

• Posted

Hi Tanya managed to get through my day ok, I got home about 5 and have tried to relax but getting anxious about myong work day tomorrow now :s bit I know I can get through it like I did today but it starts all over again with the anxiety and panic, I feel calm now which is good, how did your day go? X
    • Posted

Hi Jenny!

Mine was ok. Just felt completly exhausted but that's due to lack of sleep and the trembling drained me. Not feeling too great got sore throat. Had a headache all day.

Chin up Jenny x

• Posted

Hey, have you managed to get any sleep at all? Sorry your not feeling great, try having some hot milk and pain killers for the head ache try and get some shut eye if you can :s how's your sickness? 

Thanks Tanya you to. X

• Posted

I did indeed but now im wIde awake. Throat is killing  me and Ieft all my medicines at work lol. 

Headache has finally gone. Just the rest of my head that needs to unblock.my anxiety is good tonight (touch wood) and no sick feeling so wahoo.

how are you feeling now?  hows the anxiety?

x

• Posted

Hi Tanya ah I'm glad you anxiety has eased up smile such a nice feeling when it calm for a little while, I'm ok I was a little anxious last night but ok now I start at 9 and finish at 10pm sad I think that's bothering me a bit as it's a long day but I know I can get through it and eventually tonight will come smile I'm trying to not let the anxiety go mad as I'm quite calm right now so trying to keep it that way :s

What do you have planned today? 

X

• Posted

Morning jenny.

That's a rather long day ! Not much just work 9-5.30

looking forward to getting home. Jenny are you on medication for your anxiety?

X

• Posted

Hi Tanya, yes was a very long shift and8:30 til 9pm today then off for Xmas phew, my anxiety has eased alot after my first shift coz I guess you don't have time to let it affect you, how was your day? No I'm not as I have no trouble sleeping and feel I can deal with my anxiety quite well at the moment this week seems to be a good one. 

I feel if I turn to medication I'm going to then be dependable on it. 

Jen x 

• Posted

Evening Jenny. 

I understand where your coming from I used to be able to control my anxiety then it got to a point where my anxiety just started to control me so decided to go down the medication route.

I havent been too well since yesterday really.  Went to see my doctors today and I've got tonsillitis.  I went into work today then got sent home. I wont be going in tomorrow. Its half 12 and im up again because it is so uncomfortable.  Unfortunately my boss is a bit a nob. I could be on my death bed and he would still want me in.

I got a few more days until im off. My annual leave starts 24th right through to the 29th.

ive got antibiotics for my tonsillitis but takes a while to kick in. 

How has your day been? What shift you on today?

Tanya x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.