Been Away

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello everyone. Right after my colonoscopy which I had posted about, my daughter tragically passed away....life has been terribly hard since, as I know you can all imagine.

I am very little by little doing a bit of posting here and there, as I can. My support groups are very important.

Anyway for now, I had my colonoscopy, and the doctor allowed orange gatorade, and yes, red jello. I will elaborate later when I get back to posting more. My stomach LOVES the orange gatorade, and that is a HUGE part of the test/prep. Liking what you are drinking helps things go down. I had the Miramax with the 64 ounces of gatorade, and was allowed to skip the dulcolax. I was perfectly prepped. 3 pre-cancer polyps were removed. This test IS very important! After my last prep, the one BEFORE this with the simplest pilks, well I got deathly sick, and swore never again. Glad to have found this doctor, and I now know, I CAN do this again in five years.

Take care everyone. I will check in. Wishing you all the best in your procedures.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

First let me say how very sorry I am to hear about your daughter. It is the unimaginable nightmare of a parent. I can relate to the importance of support groups. The Compassionate Friends has helped me over many years on my journey after losing my son. I hope you will have lots of support during this time.

Peace

Arleen

• Posted

From my 💜, thank you Arleen

• Posted

Sorry to hear about your loss but here where I live you can not have no red or purple dyes or it will show inaccurate results here there is no 64 oz you have to buy 2 32 oz instead and it is required too take 4 durcolax tablets they only found 1 polyp that the colon doctor has referred me too have it surgically removed by a film surgeon the reason why she did not remove it I would have bleed too death but that is not true either the surgeon'a office still have yet too receive a call and my pcp will be getting an email from me today on what she wants to do she may go ahead and referred me too one of her own doctors for that.

• Posted

Oh geesh Patty. That sounds awful. I was super clean, three pre-cancer polyps removed. My surgeon also does colonoscopies, and God forbid you have Colin cancer, you end up with him anyway. He is brilliant, kind and thorough. I made out just fine. Yes, I bought two of the 32ounce orange gatorades. I feel so happy I went.

And I thank everyone for condolences regarding my daughter. Nothing any parent should suffer through, that is for sure 😥. I hope that get things straightened out for you, and you get a good result.

• Posted

yes i got fet up and called my primary doctor and she got me a referral for another colon surgeon the colon doctor her secretary did not send the papers over to that other doctor to do that and they called me the day after I called there office the colon surgeon and tell me they don't even take my health plan I was fuming so my primary care doctor her nurse called me and I the colon surgeon they referred me to has an appointment for me and they take my insurance and he will be doing the removal of that polyp and he will have questions to the doctor who did the colonscopy of why it was not even removed she better have an answer for that bleeding to death is not an answer if she could not removed it then another doctor should have been there to remove it asap.

• Posted

I hope you get this done and a great result. It just befuddled my mind wondering how some doctors have ZERO consideration for all we endure. I choose the BEST doctors, and go with it. No students. But I am going to be 63, and live in an area where you just get to know who to trust. My Lupus doctor? I was with him, shy of 39 years when he retired. My gp? This Is our 18th year.so I had the same colonoscopy doctor for 25 years until he just had some happen where he was changed and not for the good. This surgeon? EXCELLENT. I hear they are discovering those colors are not the interference they once believed. So you may get the go ahead one day too. Remember eggs were bad, then eggs were good! lol. Sorry for your struggles😕

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.