been back to docs as ive lost 8lb in 4 weeks :(

Posted , 6 users are following.

Can anyone please sympathise we me and re assure me i will have my gall bladder out?.

As many of you know already i have multiple gallstones aswell as a cyst but my gallbladder is worse atm. I went back to the docs this morning and explained ive lost all this weight and have no control over it. He is gonna send yet another urgent letter to the surgeon requesting i have me app earlier than 29th june!! i cant keep losing the weight and i cant keep living in pain everyday regardless wether i eat or not. I feel very depressed and fed up of all this waiting and just wish sometimes something would go wrong so i can be admitted and sorted properly instead of all this waiting xxx 

thankyou for listening xxx

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Peasblossom, I really feel for you love and losing so much weight must be worrying! have you tried ringing the Consultant's secretary to ask her if you could possibly have the next cancellation? my daughter did that over something else and they were great with her and gave her the next available appointment, so if your Doc isn't able to get you an earlier appoinment try that! It's no use me going on about fat free food as I know from the way I was it made no difference. Have they told you what they are going to do about the Ovarian Cyst? I had one when I was 14 and again when I was in my 30's so I know the pain involved. I hope you get things sorted very soon love try not to worry too much xxxxx
    • Posted

hi sandy, i believe its a watch a wait routine with my cyst but i have my guni app on the 15th june so hopefully know more then. They dont really know what my cyst is as i dont ovurlate but we will see soon. Im also having another endoscopy as there worried about my esphosgas... ( cant spell sorry ) that is on the 3rd of june so next wednesday for that. But my gallbladder app is just too late for me as im so fed up of feeling ive been punched in the gut with all the other symptoms on top. you were on about the fatty food diet but tbh i can have a salad and i hurt. Its as soon as my tummy feels remotely full (which is isnt by far) where the pain starts. Can go out for meals or anything cos theres no point and its my birthday tomorrow and i darent go out xxx thankyou for supporting me and i hope you are finding things ok now with your problems xx
    • Posted

Awwww Sweetheart I really do feel for you!! perhaps after you have the Endoscopy they will push you up the list? Just ask them love! I am going for one too on the 17th June and I hope to goodness they can do something for me too I feel like asking for my gall bladder back! lol I was exactly like you before my gb removal I couldn't eat anything and was frightened to go anywhere I took Pantoprazol every single day no I dont want my gall bladder back! lol if you are on Facebook you can message me Sandra Hanagan dont feel alone love xxxx
  • Posted

Dear Peablossom,

I feel your pain. I was diagnosed with gallstones in October last year, but I won't be getting my surgery until August at the earliest. I've lost 33 pounds so far. I've found that exercise and eating small light meals really helps keep the pain at bay. I also take tablets with Artichoke, but I'm not sure whether it makes a difference.

I am really fed up with all the waiting as well, but the waiting list for surgery is very long. You could ask to be put on a cancellation list if you are able to be there on short notice. I think the minimum is 24 hours.

I hope you'll be able to get something sorted, and I hope you're not in too much pain. 

Wishing you all the best x

• Posted

You need to mention to the consultant's secretary at the hospital that yu are willing to go in at short notice if someone else cancels. That is how I got in.

I too have lost a lot of weight. A stone and a quarter since December, but am gradually putting some back on now I have had my gallbladder out.

If you are really struggling like this you need to keep on and on at your local surgery. It should not have to be lilke that but it is I'm afraid.

Hope you sort this really soon.

Take care and keep in touch

Praying for you

Love Sarah xxx

• Posted

Hi Peasblossom

I am due to have mine out on Tuesday. I am doing a mixure of juicing and very light meals, salad mainly, and very plain and drinking alot of water, i can stil feel it grumbling most days but this seems to ward off a full blown attack. I said i wanted a cancellation appointment, i also told the consultant that i am getitng married in june and on a honey moon straight after.  Ring the hospital and say your willing to have an emergency appointment, and will be ready at a moments notice, people cancel all the time, and you  should get lucky and go in earlier.

I hope you get in soon x

• Posted

so sorry for how you feel,I know and understand what its like to be told that they will not remove your gb,mine said he belived my pain was coming from my back( i suffer with a back problem) and not my gs so he sent me for an MRI on my back and it came back as I knew it would fine,I'm now waiting to see if my gp can convince the consultant to at least think of removing my gb or do some other test to see how well its working anything is better then a NO.I tried A&E but was just sent home with pain killers which were of no use at all.I have asked my gp for a second opinion but it just adds time to the waiting I want my life back before gs took over it .

take care

keep in touch

Pat

• Posted

I had exactly the exact same since December . Believe me I know the pain that your experiencing is truly awful . My gall bladder was full of stones but whilst waiting for the op I developed acute cholecystis where a stone blocks the bile duct to the liver . Gall bladder was very enlarged and infected - I was admitted to hospital and had iv antibiotics for 5 days . I was left in horrific pain - even water caused pain ! For 6 weeks while they arranged an ECRP ( camera down throat ) to get the stone out .3 days before the procedure I felt some relief and the stone had moved . I lost three stone in 2 months . My gall bladder op was finally on the 14th April - 4 months after been hospitalised ! The operation lists are huge for GB surgery - but If you are in pain all day every day regardless of an extreme bland diet and have yellowing of the eyes / urine colour of coco cola - then it could be cholecystitis .( stone blocking bile duct ) in which case go to A&E . if not follow the blandest diet you can - soup, jacket potato ( no butter) until your operation . Eat little and often so as not to tax your gallbladder . Hope this helps .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.