Been clearing my throat for 2 years now and it’s drivibg me mad!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I started clearing my throat for no apparent reason just over 2 years ago now and it’s taken over my life. I’ve had an ENT appointment and nothing wrong I’ve had an endoscopy and they found a hietus hernia so that thought it was acid reflux so put me on omeprazole didn’t help. So had a PH menomentry tear to see if my acid levels were highs so they could operate. Acid levels fine. Had a barium swallow nothing irregular showed. The consultant said they don’t know what’s wrong with me. I’ve tried many sessions of hypnotherapy aa the consultant says it may be in my head but I can actually feel a tickle nearly every time I swallow which makes me clear my throat. I’ve been on sleeping tablets for 2 years as it keeps me awake at night I’ve even tried herbal remedies and nothing has helped. I’m getting referred again for an second opinion at ENT..I’m considering actupunxture. I would do anything to get rid of this as it’s ruining my life.gers so bad at night I don’t even like going out anymore I have no idea what to do..am I really alone in this? As it feels like it...

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I havent got low acid levels and or heartburn or reflux...just s constant clearing of throat problem that nobody seems to have the answer to..but I have just bought some vinegar and a alkaline filter jug so will see if that has any affect
    • Posted

That's all I had was clearing of the throat. I went to ENT because I saw like a little polyp beside my epiglotis. That was lingual tonsil swollen, but that is whn he noticed the drainage in my throat and diagnosed me with silent reflux. He put me on Nexium. I hated taking it so got off a month later. When I got off of the nexium, acid pain started. I stayed off of it and started with the acv. I only have issues now if I eat too late..I try 2 eat at least by 5 or 530..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.