Been dealing with bv for a year .. I need help !

Posted , 4 users are following.

I’ve never had any vagina issue until last year when I lost my virginity ( yay mee) but then afterwards I was experiencing itchiness in my vagina and weird smelling discharge. I figured I could look up my symptoms so I thought I had a yeast infection. I went to Walmart and got yeast infection pills to hopefully make the itchiness go away and extra smelly discharge . It worked but the discharge stayed so I ignored it . I continued to have sex then suddenly out of no where in September just after school started back up ( lucky me) , I had this weird smell. I thought I forgot I to put on deodorant so then I made sure I put it on the next day. Few weeks after that I still had a nasty smell to me & im sure everyone around me smelled it too because it’s always that ignorant kid that yells “it stinks” . After that I got on the internet and did more research and I assume I have bv. I can’t afford to go to a doctor right now so i used all types of home remedies. Apple cider vinegar , hp , tampon method , yogurt ,  boric acid , garlic ... etc . Family members and all noticed the smell. My bf noticed the smell too but he deals with it & I just stopped having sex with him because I think he start all of this. If only I didn’t misdiagnose myself & tried to treat bv Instead of the yeast infection I thought I had. Now the smell has gotten so bad I don’t want to go places , I don’t want to be around friends , I don’t want to shop or nun of that . I feel so hopeless & I just want to find a cure or something to maintain it. I have an interview for a job and I don’t to start the job as “that girl that stinks”. It’s sooo embarrassing . I need help !! Any suggestions 

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Have you been to a Dr? The odor can be trich or chlamydia. I would never just assume it is BV.
    • Posted

Hey I’ve been to a clinic (forgot to add that in) and I have no type of stds or anything though
  • Posted

You have tried everything I would've. I know you said you can't afford to go to the doctor, but I would try a clinic/urgent care. I have overheard them asking for paycheck stubs to verify income so they could discount the price, not actually sure what it's called, it doesn't hurt to ask! Have you tried soaking in the bathtub, I know people say you shouldn't douche, but perhaps a medicated douche. But I would get checked, because if it didn't start until after you had sex with your BF something it's right! He needs to get checked as well. I wish you luck and I hope you find a cure soon!

• Posted

Hey I’ve been to a clinic (forgot to add that in) and I have no type of stds or anything though And I’ve tried soaking in apple cider vinegar and salt
  • Posted

It all started as well when i lost my virginity. But it was yeast as well i medicated under doctors' prescription but it still stayed.. so ive put up with it. But last yr it started to smell awful as well (but not same as yours) mine was smelling fishy. So i had my husband and I checked to make sure theres no cross contamination. We both tested negative for HIV or STDs. Mine was actually BV. The antibiotics was effective the smell was gone.but after 2months the smell comes back but not as offensive before. It would come and go. Even my discharge would change as well. 1day its copious the next thing its like ive got no BV at all. I suggest u get urself checked by a doctor.

• Posted

Hey I’ve been to a clinic (forgot to add that in) and I have no type of stds or anything though

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.