Been Depressed,Anxiety cant get positive

Posted , 6 users are following.

17 male and ive been getting bad anxiety for a week or so now and depression. I havent felt like myself and get seem to get happy with whatever i do ive been put on some medicene but it doesnt seem to work well. Everything that used to seem fun to me doesnt seem fun anymore. I cant even think straight and when i do start to feel better i start getting sad again. I just moved and have no friends or anyone really to talk too for this so i decided to come here. when im alone i try to think to myself but im just so dpressed and feel like my life isnt going anywhere and whats even the point of living. i just cant break this feeling, someone please help me through this cause i cannot deal with it anymore and it scares me.

3 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Chris,

Hey sounds like you're having a really tough time. Don't be scared, but I know how u feel when u say you just can't break the feeling. The only thing that works for me is keeping really busy, but when u feel you just can't be bothered it's a mare.

But things will get better if we keep taking steps forward. Give the meds a chance but try to get out there, do stuff and meet some new people. I know it's not easy but push yourself.

All the best!

• Posted

so sorry things are very difficult for you. i truly understand what you're going through. there were a few years in my life where things were at their worste (sorry bout the spelling) i didn't feel like living.i was absolutely hating myself. and i was hating very happy people around me. for years i acted okay around people cause i was tired of hearing  their advice that didn't ever seem to work. but the whole time, i was seeing a doc for meds, and i had a counselour for therapy. i really couldn't work on myself. nothing worked. then, finaley, i was put on the right meds. i couldnt beleive it. the pains in my heart and chest were diminishing, a little at a time. i never ever thought i could feel sorta good, even relaxed. and the peace has lasted a couple of years. i was so tired of the old meds not working. but these worked out. i am not saying i'm doing great. cause i'm not. i am just feeling a bit better. some days i don't mind being alive. alright, lets not get carried away here. what i am telling you is that different meds give different results. your doctor needs to keep trying to find something for you. it could take a while, which sucks. but you never know that the next time you see your doctor, it might be the day he is writing a prescription for you. one that works! i hope you could understand my comment. a little tired right now. i hope i'm making sence. cant spell anymore! but its okay, i try not to be so perfect all the time. and dont ever be hard on yourself. just try to wait for what works for you. man, i hope its SOON for you. best wishes to you!
  • Posted

Chris,

​I'm sorry that you're feeling this way.  I've been there.  It's horrible.  Try to get some sunshine on your face.  Take a walk until you feel so tired that you can no longer walk.  This will help get the extra adreneline out of your body which often accompanies depression and anxiety.  Read a good book.  I really hope you feel better soon.  Have you thought about seeing a doctor?

• Posted

Hi Chris,

I'll be here for you.  I understand depression.  In fact, depression and anxiety go hand in hand.  The "good times" will come back if you can hang in there.  Take walks during the day.  Get sunshine on your face.  Talk to us on here.  Talk to your doctor about the meds not working.  Those are a few things to get started on.

• Posted

Hi Chris

Sorry you are having a bad time.

Go back and see your doctor and perhaps a psychiatrist.

Get you meds reveiwed, and consider therapy.

Also speak to yor parents you are still very young and Im sure they would not want to see you suffering.

Stay Strong you are not alonecool

• Posted

Hi Chris sorry you are feeling so bad at the moment. I truly mean this you are not alone. Firstly speak to someone, your Dr or a family member or someone at school. Take that first step and tell someone how bad you feel. You might benefit from therapy it has helped so many people, me being one of them. Try to get interested in something, a book, some sort of hobby that takes your mind off your worries. I know that's difficult just now but it will help with your recovery keeping your mind occupied. Never ever be afraid to ask for help, we all need it at sometime in our lives, we just happen to need it now. It will get better, keep telling yourself that. You take care now. Best of luck to you.cheesygrin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.