Been depressed for 7 years

Posted , 3 users are following.

My mother passed away in July of 2010...my father folllowed her 8 months later. I went into depression just right after my mother passed away, and it continued to get worse after my father passed.  We were so close.  I have been going through grief counciling for a while now..been on different types of medication...Zanax, Klonopin, Celexia, and now Welbutrin.  My counciler changed to Klonopin to wean me off the Zanax and it seemed to go well. Changed me from the Celexia to Welbutrin.  As far as my depression goes...it is still going on.  I can't shake the fact that my mother and daddy are gone. People tell me it gets easier, but I have never found that. Have any of you ever experienced this from a loosing parents or a close loved one.  if so let me hear your thoughts. Thanks for adding me.

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I lost my mom 3 years ago, she was only 62, I am an only child and I was sooo close with her! I was there when she passed and held her hand until her last breath! I miss her everyday, I was so depressed that I actually thought I wanted to be with her and contemplated ending it. It is better now, I accepted her death but I miss her dearly 😥 I send you my hug I know how you feel 😌

• Posted

I still grieve after my father. Read Scott Peck on depression. It is a healthy process, only meant to protect you. It is prolonged only when something interferes with the natural healing, i.e. the medication.

Best,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.