Been depressed for 8 years, no one around to help me

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello,

As my my previous post stated I have been depressed for around 8 years having daily suicidal thoughts.

Whats hurting me more is I can't seek any help here in this city, there are no suicidal hotlines and in order to visit a GP you need insurance which I don't have. I really can't take this anymore as it is sabotaging everything I do in life so I question myself is it really worth it?

Please help me people...

4 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hello kun43511, i'm very sorry to hear that you have been depressed that long. I have been depressed most of my adult life, and having daily suicidal thoughts, but i have found some relieve sometimes. If you want to talk you can send me a private message. Maybe we could find some way of help for you. 

Best wishes. 

• Posted

Hi I am in the UK so have the wonderful NHS and do feel sorry for all those people who don't have insurance and can't afford medical help.  You could still see a counseller but you would need to pay for it.  There is online counselling too which would probably be a bit cheaper.

Have a look at self help ie mindfulness,  yoga,  meditation etc. and see if any of these help.  x

• Posted

Hi hypercat,

Thanks for replying, I have to point one thing that I can not see a cousellor unless I have an insurance even if I pay a million dollar, so thats not an option unfortunately ☹.

I never tried mediatation or yoga but I do workout a lot which is the only thing keeping me sane for now.

Can you please elaborate on online counselling? I really feel my time is ticking and at bottom low at the moment.

• Posted

Have you ever tried mindfulness?  Online counselling is exactly that.  I know very little about it but have come across it online.  Sometimes it's telephone counselling or online itself.  If you google it then I am sure there will be lots of info available.

I don't get the needing to have insurance to see a counsellor?  Even in the UK we can choose to pay and don't need insurance or NHS referral.  There must be private counsellors where you live?

• Posted

I remmeber searching for a therapist when I had my insurance (before quitting my job, stupid me), and I stumbled upon an American therapist so I google her and it turned out she had a criminal history in the US. I don't to judge quickly but that just made me even more deperessed for some reason. =(

• Posted

Kun can you tell us what country that you are in? Maybe we can help you find resources. Diane
    • Posted

Hey adldiane,

I live in UAE - Dubai, there are few therapist over here but again I need an insurance to be able to get an appointment. Pretty much talking about suicide is illegal which is kindof ironic to say the least.

• Posted

Hey Adldiane,

Not sure why my comment has been under moderation for so long. I live in Dubai - UAE

• Posted

Hi Kun not to worry it has happened to me also and I never knew why. Thank you for getting back to me. How are you doing? Hope you have a nice day or evening😊as I don't know the time change between us. Take care. Diane

• Posted

Diane,

Thanks for the lovely reply. I am doing ok I guess, I did go to the beach today (its 2 min away from where I live) but was sitting alone surrounded by couples and people enjoying their time, I had the urge to just talk to anyone really but of course not going to happen.

Talking about depression is really unheard of here, I was once with a group of people and they were talking about how one of their friends may be retarted because he was asking about a therapist, my point is how do you think I can possibly open up to people who think you are mentally retarted and wrong to be depressed not to mention they will make fun of you for sure. I kid you not that is the case here, and I have no one but you people to talk to..who knew internet people will be closer to me than my family and friends (dont get me wrong I am still very grateful for everyrthing my family provided me)

Sorry for the long rant I really needed to let this out. You asking how im doing means the world to me, thank you so much!

• Posted

Hi Hun, how have you been in these last days? Your situation seems to be pretty complicated since you don't have insurance and  can't seek for help. I wonder do you know what's the root of your depression? Is there something that you love in this life, something that makes you smile and gives you positive energy? Are there people nearby that can support you?

• Posted

Hi eugene,

My root cause of depression is a mystery really, thats what making me go crazy. I had a perfect job, good salary, good education, food and everything...yet my deperession won over.

I am an introvert so I hate malls, parties and anything crowded really. I like so sit in the park or go to the beach (boring I know), and I go to the gym every day and that this one of the only positive things to me so far this year. I make people laugh a lot yet I cant make myself smile, Robin Williams once said "I think the saddest people always try their hardest to make people happy because they know what its like to be worthless".

I really tried talking to my parents about it and they just change topic everytime, I know they are not evil but given that they are religious they hate talking about these subjects. Dont get me wrong I respect religious people but it just never worked for me, I need physical people to talk to, and there is no one =(. I kid not when I say the house is so quite that I can hear my cat snoring.

Anyway thanks for passing by, ill be sure to pass by your post too and PM you to get hopefully positive updates from you.

• Posted

Nice to hear from you Kun.

It seems to me like you have the typical overly intelligent persons problem, you can see thru all the BS and actually understand that life is a tragedy, everyone's life is since it always ends with death. As an introvert, i guess you often overthink things, which can lead to depressive thoughts. Robin Williams was right, it takes intelligence to make jokes and make others laugh, but it also takes intelligence to understand how ''worthless'' most of us really are. If i die tomorrow, it won\t be on news or anything, the world would keep turning. But it does not meat that we can\t enjoy our days here today! You are very worthy to the people around you, especially your parents. It would destroy them if something happened to you. So i suggest that you seek therapy, in any means possible. Even the brightest people like Einstein went to therapy. Since your situation is complicated to get help locally, why not try online counselling? Google is your friend in this case. You really need to talk to a professional. 

In the mean time please try to enjoy yourself, do whatever you can that brings you positive energy, try to focus on the positive things in your life, there is so much to live for! Its totally fine to go to the beach or in the park, as long as you enjoy it, that's all that matters. 

Stay strong buddy! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.