Been Diagnosed w/ LPP

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was diagnosed with Lichen Planopilaris three years ago and was given Clobetasol Propionate, Topical Solution 0.05%. I was not too alarmed at that time because the shedding of my hair was not that much.

In the following years after, there were lots of stress in my life and just a month ago I started experiencing a lot of my hair falling so I decided to go back to my Dermatologist to submit a treatment of my problem.She did a skin biopsy and confirmed that it is LPP**I am now taking hydroxychloroquine 200mg twice a day and have been aware of the side effects which made me think twice if I am doing the right thing. The Dermatolgist is also giving me advice to apply minoxidil on the balding area .As much as possible ,I would like to get a natural approach to deal with this autoimmune disease .

I read about your patients' discussions on the problem and what caught my interest most was the experience of Keasha.She went to an accupuncturist and been drinking herbal tea as well so I hope I could keep in touch with her through private message.

Would really appreciate your help for I am getting desperate now.I am so scared to lose all my hair because I know that they always say the hair is woman's crowning glory.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.