Been diagnosed with Diverticulitis and need help / advice.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello All, I am an active 54 Male living in Canada in fairly good heath until I had my first unfortunate hospital stay. I had a major diverticulitis attack (left and right side) with perforation exactly 2 years ago and was hospitalized for 1 week, they were able to heal the infection with antibiotic's. I had a follow up colonoscopy 90 days after the attack which showed no active diverticulitis but there is scar tissue, no other issue were found. Since the original attack I am still getting weekly pains and discomfort, medium to heavy in nature on both sides that will last a day or two. One year after the attack because of my continuing pains my Doctor sent me for a CT scan which again showed no active diverticulitis at the time the scan. I take Metamucil daily and have good daily bowel movements so I don't believe its a constipation issue. Thanks for reading this, Hoping someone can offer some advice or suggestions.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello Michael .help is at hand .I started a site for we the afflicted called Divi Diners where sufferers

wrote about their probs .but it seems to have been hijacked by Patients .Whatever . I had the same awful thingy drips no food ,I had a perforated abcess on/in my colon .the surgeon was prowling around on a daily basis ,to see if the inflammation was spreading ,so he could drag me off to theatre

Fortunately ,it stopped ,and he said "good .wev'e cooked it !" that was six-ish years ago, Now

I am O.K .I do take Acidophilis every day ,good cops ,to kill bad cops .the occasional pain is sorted with good old Paracetamol . If I get a rumble ,I just massage gently, . Now ...Go to DIVI DINERS with

a cup of coffee and read your way through it .Lots of advice and funnies ,in fact I am going to pop back to see if everybody is still around .

Keep in touch ,

Jacqueline

• Posted

So Michael ,,,,you don't really need any help. Sorry I wasted my time giving you any.

Jacqueline

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.