Been diagnosed with Epilepsy while detoxing from opiates

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've been tapering from Oxycontin for the past 6 months and got down from over 400mg daily to 150mg daily. Its been tough but I am getting there. I have been having seizures though for the past 12 months. I have put it down to the withdrawal but the neurologist says that the oxycontin may be a trigger but is not the cause of the seizures. I am really reluctant to keep taking the Keppra medication he has put me on as it makes me so so tired. Plus I am trying to get my body back to some sort of normality without drugs. Has anyone else had issues like this? My GP has also put me on anti depressants to help me taper my Oxycontin down further, has anyone found this helps? I have a chronic pain condition so need some sort of pain relief but do not want it in the form of opiates any longer.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello matey.

You really are suffering!!

I know we've talked before. I never suffered with seizures or anything like that but, I was given antidepressants for a while due to my low mood when I started to taper.

I tried 2 types, I can't remember the first but the 2nd one was sertralin. I stayed on both for the amount of time I was told too but neither helped me at all. Either withdrawal or mood wise!

I didn't get seizures even though I was actually asked if I did at one point due to the amount I had been taking. As you know I was on around 1500mgs per day when I decided that I wanted my life back! So, there must be a reason why I was actually asked that, yet your consultant said Oxy wouldn't cause them. If that's the case then why was I asked that question!!!????

I don't think you will find anyone medical or anyone to do with the big Pharma industry will say yes, Oxycontin can cause it for obvious reasons!!! Corrupt world we live in hey!!

I know its affected your memory & mine is terrible now but, what I did get now & again although very rare (probably twice) we're times when I had like memory blackouts where i couldn't remember doing something & no matter how i tried, I couldn't figure it out!

So it's either down to what we both think it was that caused this or, I'm being abducted by aliens!

Sorry I can't offer anything else.

Good luck with your taper, you can do it!

Take care

Ritchie xx

• Posted

Im sorry Inkypinky.

I did reply but it looks like our favourite moderator is back that likes to mod everything just for the fun of it!!!!!

Welcome back moderator, it's been nice & quiet around here while you've been away. You had a very long holiday as I've posted loads of replies to people & not one was "WAITING TO BE MODERATED" Did you enjoy your break??

I've missed you

Lots of love

Ritchie xx

• Posted

I'm not sure why you can't post. You're the only person on here that replied to everyone. And always give positive and factual advice to everyone. You're an inspiration to so many people.

Moderator please let Ritchie2168 post his replies. They're really useful to us.

Thanks.

• Posted

Thank you Sweetheart!!

If you notice, they've now actually posted my original reply to you which starts off by saying:

"Hello matey,

You really are suffering!!"

Have a look at my post if you haven't already & please do let me know if you think I've said anything wrong in that post in my reply to you!?

As soon as I tried to post that reply to you, I got the same old message I used to get on a daily basis which was: "Waiting to be moderated"

Hence my sarcastic reply to the moderator who blocked you from seeing my reply!

If there is anything in my reply that offends you then I sincerely apologise to you & to everyone else I may have upset or offended by posting it! I really am sorry & will admit that but, I cannot see anything offensive in my reply to your post??? I do & will apologise though if you see anything offensive in my reply to your post!!

Not too long ago I very nearly deleted my account from this website as i got so sick & tired of posting replies to people who were very desperate for help & almost every single reply I posted got the same message: "Waiting to be moderated"

I even messaged the website asking why all my posts were being moderated, the answer they gave was because they said, my posts but especially my replies to people asking for help & advise were very upsetting to other members & they had received loads & loads of complaints about me from loads of other members!

I asked if they could name me some posts but, it's against their policy for obvious reasons of confidentiality which, I 100% agree with but, i never saw one example of a reply or a post where i upset anyone!

My main reason for asking them this was, if I had, then I would send the person I upset a message apologising for whatever it was I said in my reply that upset them!

Anyway, the useless moderator aside, how are you doing?

Ritchie xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.