Been diagnosed with fbm

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anyone got any useful tips to help ease the pain please any advise would be appreciated 😃

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Vanessa,

The pain is probably the worst aspect of fibro as we all know and it can be unique and frequently changing in all of us. It takes trial and error before you find the right (or best) combination for you. I would say speak to your doctor and involve him/her in advising but don't be afraid to suggest things yourself (it's your body and you know it best) or say when things are not working for you. A lot of people end up with a combination of anti-depressants and painkillers which seem to help to varying extents. At the moment I am on co-codamol and Oramorph and also Citalopram but I still get pain at times, although I do think they help a bit. Hoping you will find the right combination to help your pain,

• Posted

Hi jenifer

thank you I am at doctors next week to discuss what treatment is best for me 

hope your well

vanessa

• Posted

Hi Vanessa, I would also suggest asking your GP to refer you to a pain clinic at your local hospital. My pain clinic runs Fibromyalgia Courses. I'm not sure exactly what they involve, as I haven't been yet, but it's worth a thought! I take Pregabalin, Tramadol & cocodamol for pain. And find heat helpful eg hot baths, hot water bottles etc. Good luck. xx
  • Posted

Thank you jeanne.I will ask them to make me an oppointment at a pain clinic didn't reliese so many people suffering from fbm ,I had not even heard of this till a couple of years ago 

vanessaxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.