Been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia today, where do I go from here?

Posted , 3 users are following.

had disc replacement spinal surgery May 2014... And should have recovered last year, now to find out today (17th July 2015) that the reason I haven't "recovered" is because I have fibromyalgia??!

does anyone know if anyone has ever recovered from this? And where do I go from here? Has anyone else tried the lightening process?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Chrissie! I also have Fibro. W/ diet, medication and supplements you can feel better. However, I persnally have never heard of a cure but, thats just me. You might want to seek out a Rheumatoligist to guide you.

Best wishes to you! Nancy

• Posted

HI Chrissie,

Also just been diagnosed but been suffering a long time as well as continuous injuries for a long time, my back being THE big problem. I find gym helps. Doesn't matter how little you can manage, even if it is just the pelvic tilts. 

Put yourself together a good team. I have a GP, a Physio, a Biokeneticist, Dietician and Rhumetologist and I by far find the Biokeneticist the most helpful. I go do my water aerobics three times a week, gym five days a week and see him once a week. Some weeks I can do very little and others I can really push. 

At this point I am going with denial and it seems to be getting me through. THe whole I am young i refuse to give up nonsense. Will see how long I hold before I crash down, for now its just little controlled crashes. But seriously, gym, gym, gym. I feel that working the muscles and pumping a bit of oxygen through them really helps. Just do it right so you don't hurt yourself more.

• Posted

Hi Chrissie

Unfortunately, there is a complete cure with Fibro.  Everyone experiences different types of pains and alot of it is trial and error.

Have you tried Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) it's therapy that helps with mindfulness of the thought process. i found it helpful and it gave me more confidence in to my day to day life.

Gentle Hugs.....You will find many people giving support on this forum. wink x

• Posted

CBT sounds like something to try

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.