Been feeling depressed for a while

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been going through a lot. I am 15 years old and have had anxiety for a while now. Lately though I have been feeling empty and emotionless. I wish that I could smile again, be happy, and I even miss being able to cry. Sometimes I feel like I should just end it but I don't want to I just want to be myself again. I really don't feel close to my family. Everything irritates me. I lock myself up in my room when I can. I feel no motivation to do anything. Stuff that I used to enjoy a lot like hanging out with friends now require great motivation for me to even try to do. I see a therapist every two weeks but nothing is really changing. Sometimes I feel there is no hope for me and worry that I will be like this for the rest of my life. Right now I just want to find ways on how to change this and be me again. Anything will help. Thanks

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

It sounds like you need to go to your school couselor. Don't be embassed. You could be in there for any reason: classes, college, etc...It seems like you need to see yor therapist 2x a week. Do you exersiize? If not, start running. The endorphins will help. Go to your school counselor and let me know how it goes.

• Posted

I will see my school counselor to see what they say. I can also ask my parents if I can see my therapist more. Thank you for reaching out to me.
  • Posted

Try and explain your problem to your family, I understand they know you are seeing a Therapist who will be helping you. Are your Parents going in with you and helping you.

You are fifteen and generally on these sites we only deal with people who are sixteen. upwards

• Posted

When I see my therapist my mom usually comes in with me because it's hard for me to open up without her there. I told my family how I feel but I don't think they know how much it's troubling me. I will try to talk to them about it. Thanks for the help.

• Posted

Hi Jay,

I am 68 years old, but when I read your post I could relate to everything you said. Last year I felt exactly the same way. I had every single symptom you described. I could gave written that, and not changed a single word.

Now for the good news, I am happy now and enjoying my life again. You are only 15 years old, so the message I take might not be the answer for you, but hang in there. Talk to your school ciunselor, your parents, and your doctor. Let me know how you are doing, please.

Take care,

Phyllis

• Posted

Thanks for reaching out to me. Me and my parents have been seeing my doctors to find out if its stress related or something more chemical. I will try to talk to my counselor and see how that goes. I will try my best to hang on even though it feels really hard sometimes. I am glad that I am not alone. I am also glad to hear that you are doing well. Thanks for the help.
    • Posted

You're very welcome. When I was at my lowest I didn't want to talk to anybody and made it harder for them to help. Fortunately for me, they cared enough about me to force me to get the help I badly needed. Now I feel like myself again.

I'm glad your parents are helping you and you are also going to talk to your school counselor.

Take care,

Phyllis

• Posted

Update: I talked with my guidance counselor and she helped me a lot and told me she was there for me. I also got medications from my doctors to help with my mood. Thanks for all of the advice it meant a lot. 😊

• Posted

That's.good news, Jay. What meds are you taking? I'm so glad that your school counselor is there to help you. I hope that soon you will be enjoying your teen years again. Wishing you all the best.

Take care,

Phyllis

• Posted

I'm taking lamictal for my mood and I haven't been able to sleep lately so I am also going to be getting meds for that soon

• Posted

Hi Jay,

Have you noticed any change in your mood since being on lamictal? I hope things will change for the better now. Let me know how you make out with the meds to help you sleep.

Take care,

Phyllis

• Posted

My mood hasn't really changed all that much it might just take a little while for it to take effect though. I'm going to keep taking it to see if it helps later on. If not I'm going to look for something else. I'll make sure I keep you updated. Thanks 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.