Been feeling really dizzy

Posted , 1 user is following.

I feel like my body is going haywire. Not sure what’s going on. My Dr put me on Ketogenic diet, due to insulin resistance about two weeks ago. I was also told to stop drinking. I have been a heavy drinker for longer than I’m proud to admit. I have only had 4 drinks in 12 days (never more than two on any day). I happened to hurt my lower (sciatic) back at work the in first few days of my new diet and no drinking.   When I got home from work that day, I laid on my bed and the room was spinning. I chalked it up to a stressful day. That was 8 days ago. I can’t lay completely flat, or tilt my head all the way back (or forward) without feeling really dizzy.  I have no idea if I’ve pinched a nerve, am having serious alcohol withdrawals or a coincidental inner ear infection from a prior cold. I have had that happen a few times in life, so vertigo is not new to me.  On top of that I heavily started my period. Let me add, I’m on the second week of my birth control pack, which has been the same dose/brand for 10+ years. I did take one pill late, but I’ve missed 3-4 pills in a row and not had that happen. And it wasn’t just spotting. Used a “super” and had to change 5 hours later. The period thing may be diet, just adding that in, just incase that helps in figuring out what’s going on. If anyone has any insight, I’d love some piece of mind. Thank you 

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.