Been feeling really low over the last month or so.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Having jaw pain, toothache cheek ache, pain all over my face, sharp stabbing pains in my jaw, went to the emergency dentist yesterday, convinced that i was going to have about 4 teeth out, had an x-ray and nothing wrong with my teeth dentist thought it was sinus trouble.

How lucky am I compaired to some of you, I went straight to the Dr's couldn't bare the pain , I had a good Dr who asked me loads of questions. And given me medication, so releved, so tired at the min. 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Dawn

You have my total sympathy. 

Which medication did your Dr prescribe for you?

Have you been referred to a Neurologist?

By all means please do let us know how you're getting on.

Kind regards

Gloriana

• Posted

Hi Gloria, No not yet, its all new to me never heard of it before, looking back over the last months, I have had bouts of it, but thought it was my sinus and thought I had bad teeth, he has give me Tegratol 200 mls 3 to 4 times a day. I thought I was cracking up because i was tearful and struglling at work I new I wasn't depressed  as I take 30mls of Mirtazapine but couldn't understand why I was crying at work.
    • Posted

Hi Dawn

Being tearful could've been the medication as it effects people different ways. You're on the best medication there is, in my opinion, I only wish I could've gone back on it.

Let the tablets take its course and in no time you'll be able to get through your days ok.

We are all here for you.

Gloriana

• Posted

Sorry Gloria, I only went on the medication yesterday, the tearfulnes is a symptem of TN so the Dr said, he has advised me to take a few weeks off work, in which I have reluctantly done so, as I am so tired, but also releived that i know whats up with me now, hopefully i Wont need to be referred to a neurologist if the medication works, still need to take pain killers, which help a little, thanks for asking. Cheer's Dawn
    • Posted

Oh sorry Dawn, I misinterpreted what you meant.

The tiredness is probably due to the medication making you drowsy. I used to be ok mornings and by late pm I was like a zombie and was often in bed by 9pm. Fingers crossed after your absence from work you should soon be back on track and feel a bit better than you were.

Do you take your tablets after food?

Gloriana

• Posted

Take them after food, I work shifts, so in bed early any way, yeah, hopefully be back on track, got 2 weeks of medication so will go back and see GP to get more. Thanks 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.