Been feeling sick & not eaten much since last Friday, any ideas?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Since last Friday I've felt really sick & not eaten much. I've got stomach & back pain & am now off work. Been to doctors & they are sending me for a scan in case it could be gall stones. Don't know much about this any advce appreciated as well as advice on what I can eat without feeling sick.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Low fat diet, fatty foods make it worse. Sounds like gallstones but need scan to confirm it. All the symptoms are what I have had plus other pain. They can remove gallstones and may also need to remove the GALLBLADDER, but one step at a time, see what the scan shows. This is a great site and will help you lOADS.
    • Posted

Thanks Janet, I also have auto immune dissorders so its hard to know what pain is what. will contact docotors again tomorrow if not heard anything. How long do you normally have to wait for the scan x
  • Posted

Cannot say each area is different, could be few days or couple of weeks or more. Depends how they grade it. You could always ask for a CT scan as well. Had one gallstone show up on ultrafast and one on a CT scan. Be nice to k ow how you get on.
  • Posted

Eating very lightly and eating no meat or fats for now, would be a good idea.  When you eat things that require bile to digest, the gall bladder squeezes and if its full of stones or infected that makes you hurt and feel sick.  I am so glad you are going to the doctor.  I waited six months after the doctor advised me to get my gall bladder out.  I thought I could take care of it with diet, but the bladder was damaged and it could no longer function correctly.  I ended up going to urgent care and got it out 2 days later, after weeks of fever and vomiting.  Less going through the pipes is going to be much easier on you.  Best wishes for your great return to health!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.