Been for my Ultrasound, so confused!

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had my Ultrasound today, the scanner said they couldn't find anything really worrying but he wouldn't let me know anything else he said he needed to tell my doctor first. :-(

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Beth,

The sonographer isn't allowed to really tell you anything. When I went all I was told is I had a cyst and I don't think they were supposed to tell me even that. I was annoyed too as all I wanted to know is what was going on. The doctor called to tell me the next day more about it.

Give your doctor a call tomorrow morning.

Sue x

• Posted

Thank you Sue, I thought that too but my niece had a scan and she got told that they thought she had pcos x
    • Posted

I think it depends who is doing the scan and their qualifications. It's frustrating I know! Hang in there, hopefully you'll get answers soon x
    • Posted

I'm been so patient for so long and now I have to wait again. Just annoying haha x
    • Posted

I know the feeling! I was told to give them till 11am the next day to give them time to look at the scan. But they called me first and proceeded to scare me half to death. At least they've said there's nothing really worrying! x
    • Posted

Yea true but I dont know why my periods have dramtically changed:-( x
    • Posted

Hope you don't have to wait much longer, good luck with your results x
  • Posted

Hi Beth,  I am glad you have your ultrasound out of the way. That is step #1 to identifying what is going on with your reproductive system so on to the next! My ultrasound 2 weeks ago was supposed to take 15 minutes, but took 1 hour 10 minutes. I was so scared. Then the technician said "I have to go to speak to the Dr and I will be right back". She didn't tell me anything, just that they would forward the scan report to my Dr. I booked an appointment at the clinic for within 48 hours, but my clinic phoned me within 3 hours following scan and asked me to come in right away. I was so scared! And I am still scared, because it has been 16 days since then and tomorrow I finally have my appointment with an oncologist. So Beth, I empathize with you having to wait. I know it is frustrating! I also think it is "normal to be nervous". Take a deep breath, try to distract yourself  a little from terrible thoughts, and hopefully they will call you within next few days meaning it's not urgent! That is my prayer for you. Keep us posted, OK, so we know how you are doing. Good Luck and I hope it all turns out to be something less serious that what you are thinking!
    • Posted

Thank you, you are so lovely! I hope your ok and I would of been scared to with your scan taking over an hour! I will keep my mind occupied and won't think of it. I just get really worried and nervous. :-( x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.