Been getting bad headache at the back of my head

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi wondered if I can get some advice about getting bad headaches it start. Monday night with a bad Neck pain and I could not even move from left to right with out it hurting now every time I Bend down the pain at the back of my head is so bad I feel I little light head and sick I so worried been doctor there said take strong pain kills and help be great thank you

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hiya bianca I've been getting headaches that start in my neck and are in the back of my head. The only relief I have found is heat pads and hot showers. I have been given cyclizine for the nausea which helps a lot and I just take it as and when I need it. It terms of pain relief I'm still searching for an answer as I can only take paracetamol and they barely touch the surface. Just be careful with the strong painkillers as they can be addictive and also theres the risk of analgesic headaches when taking too many painkillers. I learnt that the hard way!

Hope you find some pain relief soon Xx

• Posted

Thank you I get so worried because the headache was so bad would not want any one to experience the pain mine start with a bad neck that gone now just now every time I go to pick somethink up of the floor the pain in my head hurts so much xx
    • Posted

Mine does the same leaning over or tilting my head down or to the side seems to make the headache just so much worse. Just make sure you try not to tense up your neck which is what I did trying not to move it as much and ended up with a really stiff neck that made the pain worse. Xx
    • Posted

Yes it not nice is it got doctor today see if a muscle relaxing tablets will help xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.