Been getting dizzy more often.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello.

I'M 41 yrs old. My dizziness has been acting up more lately. I have Tinnitus and I think I have Meniere's disease. My mother has Meniere's and I have all the same signs. But for the past week I get dizzy when I only lay on my left side. I always get dizzy and feel light headed from time to time. But it never stayed with me for days on end. I plan on going to the doctor next week for a check up and see what's going on. I don't really get dizzy when standing. Only when I lay on my left side. After looking online, a lot say I may have an inner ear problem. Or bad sinus pressure. Anyone have an idea?

Thanks.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

If it is postional meaning you only get it when you are are your left side, it could be bppv. Are you rolling over to your left side and getting dizzy?

• Posted

Yes. I'M fine until I turn over on my left side. I"m just fine on my right side or when standing or sitting.

• Posted

I get bppv seasonally.....weird. Usually in March/April and then in Sept/October. I have found a wonderful PT that deals with this. The maneuver is not pleasant, but it sure works

• Posted

My wife said the same thing. It may be the time of the year that is doing it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.